Join the Bell Mission
Bell Helicopter Textron Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. We are One Bell...On A Mission to change the way the world flies with safe and superior vertical lift that saves lives, preserves freedom and provides customers exceptional value.
Do - Grow - Live
What does it means to be a Co-op in the Bell Family? Together we will:
Change the World: We are changing the way the world flies through advanced technologies, working hard and going the extra mile because our aircraft enable our customers to save lives and preserve freedom.
Discover Your Potential: We believe in our mission and are motivated to shape the future of vertical lift, investing in our people and inspiring innovation. We provide challenging opportunities around the world.
Give Back: We live by actions and are there when people need us. We are actively making a difference in our industry, community and in people's lives.
Bell Helicopter is currently seeking talented Electrical Engineers for a co-op opportunity at our facilities in Texas, primarily in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. As a Bell Co-Op, you will obtain invaluable hands-on technical experience that will help you build the path between your academic and professional careers. We will help you grow as problem solvers and critical thinkers. An authentic engineering experience will be formed by participating in actual development and legacy vertical lift programs. The Bell Co-op Program is a fundamental part of the Bell Engineering talent pipeline and carries the potential for students to return as full-time employees upon completing their degree.
Fall Engineering Co-Op Program Dates: August 21, 2017 - December 22, 2017
Working Hours: 40 hours/week (Monday - Friday)
Roles and Responsibilities
Engineering Co-Op students will be assigned relevant work assignments to challenge and stimulate them according to their current level of experience and capability.
Electrical Engineering Co-Op students may find themselves working in the following areas:
* Air Vehicle Integration (wiring integration design, electrical power systems, environmental electromagnetic effects [E3], avionics integration, or integrated vehicle health monitoring systems).
* Flight Technology (flight control systems, simulation)
* Flight Test (instrumentation integration design, data acquisition and processing)
Education and Schedule Requirements:
* Must be enrolled in a university and pursuing a degree at the time of the Engineering Co-Op Program
* Current student pursuing a BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
* Completed at least three (3) semesters of study in Electrical Engineering
* GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Must be able to take a semester off of school to work full-time (40 hrs/week) for the duration of the Co-Op Program. All hours must be worked within a standard corporate work week (Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm).
* Must be able to fulfill the full length of the Engineering Co-Op Program (August 21, 2017 - December 22, 2017)
* Intermediate skill level using Windows Operating Systems
* Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
* Communication skills for relaying data (verbal and written) between other employees and customers
* Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company with a global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with solutions and services around the globe. The Company operates its business through five operating segments. Four of the Company's operating segments represent its manufacturing businesses: Cessna, Bell, Textron Systems and Industrial. The fifth segment consists of its Finance business. Cessna has four major product lines: Citation business jets, Caravan single engine turboprops, Cessna single engine piston aircraft and aftermarket services. Textron Systems provides products to the defense, aerospace and general aviation markets. The Industrial segment includes the Company's Kautex, Greenlee, E-Z-GO and Jacobsen businesses. Finance segment consists of Textron Financial Corporation, a diversified commercial finance company. In April 2009, it completed the sale of HR Textron to Woodward Governor Company.