Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
This position provides opportunity for an Intern to obtain experience that will further his/her education and/or career interests. The Intern will assist the Irvine office water/wastewater engineering staff on various types of public works projects, typical involve the design of pipelines, pump stations, reservoirs and treatment. The successful candidate must be enrolled in the field of Civil Engineering.
* Perform calculations and engineering analyses
* Assist in the preparation of Construction Documents including Plans, Specifications, and Cost Estimates
* Assist in the preparation technical reports in support of projects
* Process shop drawings and submittals
* Prepare supporting documents under the direction of the Project Manager
* Read and edit technical documents
* Perform quantity take-offs and call vendors for product information including cost and lead time
* Perform field work including site visits, submittal deliveries and utility research
* Other duties as assigned by Project Manager
* EIT preferred
* Candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Candidates must have working knowledge of AutoCAD
Currently enrolled in a university degree program in Civil Engineering.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies