Requisition ID: 36681
Primary business representative in acquiring goods and incidental services. Administers procurement aspects from needs identification to commitment and payment to insure uninterrupted flow of quality supplies and equipment while minimizing total costs. Negotiates and completes purchase agreements supporting business unit strategies. Identifies process improvements such as (increased use of standardization, improved inventory turns, cycle time reduction, and improvement payment terms). Monitors and mitigates supply chain risk for continuous supply protection. Liaises between logistics, business units and suppliers in resolution of significant pricing delivery, quality, or other issues.
- Purchases materials, equipment, and incidental services for assigned areas in best interests of company. Serves as final point of authority in committing company funds.
- Creates purchase orders and agreements. Ensures transactions are managed in seamless process from order entry through invoice payment. Maintains documentation in procurement database for all purchases.
- Utilizes practices such as RFQ, bid analysis, negotiation, and partnering to ensure maximum value for expenditures. Seek new practices and methods to increase value of services.
- Liaises with other procurement and legal professionals to assure that contractual terms and conditions are acceptable and serve to minimize risk. Evaluates competitive bids and quotations. Negotiates agreements that achieve lowest cost for materials balanced against optimum quantity, reliability and on-time delivery metrics. Utilizes existing systems to manage contracts and related information.
- Maintains awareness of current market conditions, new products, supply sources for assigned commodities, new technologies, assigned business units and methods that enhance value of purchasing process. Recommends changes to management and internal customers.
- Identifies key purchasing criteria for each material or service being sourced. Confers with suppliers to determine factors that affect prices and availability. Performs continual market analysis. Utilizes standardized criterion in identification of potential suppliers and selection of preferred supplier.
- Supports development of project estimates by obtaining estimates of price and availability for materials and services necessary for projects. Maintains current pricing information in materials management database.
- Receives and reviews purchase requisitions for materials and services for completeness and proper level of approval. Issues and tracks purchase commitments to ensure timely delivery and acceptable performance by suppliers.
- Develops proficiency in total life cycle cost, total system cost, other commercial analysis techniques and process improvement methods utilized to support Company initiatives.
- Minimum Associates degree required.
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or APP (Accredited Purchasing Practitioner) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years as a Buyer, in procurement contract administration or related field required.
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates six refineries with a combined capacity of over 850,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,200 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 3,500 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 28 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 9 million barrels of storage capacity; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EOE: Race / Sex / Veteran / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-RD-1 || |Other Corporate Functions || 78232 ||