Requisition ID: 30721
<span style="font-size:8.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"; color:windowtext">Oversees a team responsible for providing support to customers on hardware, software, and peripherals issues/questions. The manager will be responsible for delivering client services by managing, evaluating, recruiting, hiring, and developing employees. Interfaces daily with technical staff and other managers and will be directly involved in resolving escalations and coordinating the communication of service status related to area of responsibility. Collaborates with leaders within IT & PE to drive desktop standardization across corporate, refineries, and logistics assets.
- Manages daily activities of assigned personnel to ensure assignments are completed in accordance with established guidelines and advises on priority projects.
- Defines team goals, develops and coaches staff to ensure team develops key capabilities and competencies to achieve desired results.
- Identifies cost reduction for service delivery leveraging tools, automation, and best practices.
- Identifies process improvements and works across the organization to continuously improve overall desktop support.
- Establishes training sessions on new and existing hardware, software, and related peripherals.
- Establishes processes and procedures for measuring support/service performance. Analyzes performance trends, metrics, key performance indicators, forecast requirements, and implements corrective action.
- Oversees desktop/laptop and asset management to provide best of class services to the enterprise to support 5000+ desktop, laptop, and tablet computers, and associated hardware, software and peripherals.
- Manages purchasing, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all information technology workstations and related hardware, software, and peripherals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience in related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 certifications preferred, i.e. MCSA, Network+, Security+, ITIL or A+
- Minimum of 10 years of diversified information technology experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership or management role
- Previous experience as a team member on an IT project is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of corporate processes and the ability to conduct user training are also required
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work well with others and balance the needs of all levels of users and IT stakeholders, including IT staff and management
- A proven track record of managing a customer service center
- A proven track record of excellent service delivery
- Excellent leadership in a relationship managed environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Technically-oriented aptitude to develop high-level expertise in business or corporate processes
- Ability to work in a demanding and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to travel if needed
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates six refineries with a combined capacity of over 850,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,200 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 3,500 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 28 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 9 million barrels of storage capacity; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EOE: Race / Sex / Veteran / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-2 || |Information Technology || 78258 ||