Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
The candidate will contribute as a member of the Parallel
Upgrade Tool development team. The focus of the PUT development team is on the
development of distributed, OS independent, scalable software for the installation,
upgrade, configuration and verification of Teradata systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
"C" and "C " programming in various areas of the
product with development projects varying greatly in size and scope
Development projects range across multiple UNIX
OSs, Windows and VxWorks
Design, code and test in support of incorporating
new technologies into the product, bug fixes and new features
Work independently, with an assigned mentor and
with other members of a very strong development team in challenging and
interesting research assignments
Over time, as the needed skills are developed, the
candidate will be asked to take primary ownership in certain areas of the
software as first level engineering support and development.
- Must be in at least the sophomore year of a Bachelors Degree program with a major in Computer Science or related field.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Strong "C" programming skills and have a good understanding of UNIX and/or Windows operating systems (kernel, file systems, memory management, TCP/IP, etc).
- Must have a strong knowledge base in XML.
- Candidate needs to work effectively in a development team environment and have good resource management skills to successfully work on multiple projects at one time.
- GPA must be 3.0 or better
- Strong Java programming skills.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans
Teradata is the world's largest company focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics and business applications. Our powerful solutions portfolio and database are the foundation on which we’ve built our leadership position in business intelligence and are designed to address any business or technology need for companies of all sizes.
Only Teradata gives you the ability to integrate your organization’s data, optimize your business processes, and accelerate new insights like never before. The power unleashed from your data brings confidence to your organization and inspires leaders to think boldly and act decisively for the best decisions possible.
(1976). The concept of Teradata grew out of research at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) and from the discussions of Citibank's advanced technology group. Caltech showed "how;" the bank showed "why." The ideas came together in the winter and spring of 1979. Founders worked "out of the box" to design a revolutionary database management system for parallel processing with multiple microprocessors, specifically for decision support. The microprocessors, like horses, were harnessed to pull a large load rather than relying on one horse to do all the work.
(1979) Teradata was incorporated on July 13, 1979, and started in a garage in Brentwood, Calif. The name Teradata symbolized the ability to manage terabytes (trillions of bytes) of data.
(2011) Today, our assets include:
- More than 8,000 associates in 42 countries
- Strong diversified client base of over 1,200 customers worldwide and companies of all sizes
- 2,600+ implementations worldwide
Teradata has been positioned in Gartner’s Leaders Quadrant in data warehousing since 1999 and with our recent acquisitions of Aprimo and Aster Data, we add integrated marketing analytics and big data to our industry leadership capabilities.
Mission & Values
Our vision is to help customers operate with enterprise agility by enabling Active Enterprise Intelligence which allows companies to integrate and manage data across the enterprise and deliver best in class strategic and operational intelligence to employees, customers and suppliers.
Our differentiators include:
Solid track record and commitment to innovation
World-class network of customers and partners
Highest performing technology
Deep industry expertise and customer understanding
Exceptional, experienced and passionate people
- Integrity: Highest Standards of Integrity
- Performance: Commitment to Performance Excellence
- Customer Dedication: Commitment to Our Customers and Their Success
- Innovation: Pursuit of Innovation
- Respect and Teamwork: Respect for Each Other, Work as a Team
|Passion required! Innovation is in our DNA … As individuals and as an organization, we are dissatisfied with yesterday’s success. We are relentless in our search for business and technical solutions that are faster, simpler, more powerful and efficient—solutions that extend and redefine the limits of business opportunity.
|What Drives You? Is it the chance to showcase your personal passion for the pursuit of the “next big idea?” Or is it the chance to work with the best in the business? With a global organization that’s recognized the world over for insight and innovation.
In addition to a great career at Teradata, you’ll get:
- Total Compensation package - Competitive salary, incentive programs and comprehensive benefits
- Investment opportunities - 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Balance – vacation, company holidays, floating holidays and additional days for volunteering … all paid!
- Development – our award-winning learning organization is committed to keeping everyone at the top of their game
- A Challenge – to develop your skills and grow the company each and every day
Honors & Awards
Teradata is recognized by analysts, publications and think-tank groups for its leadership in data warehousing, enterprise analytics, integrated marketing, and the ‘big data’ marketplace. In fact, Teradata was positioned as a leader by three international IT analyst firms:
- In the 2011 Data Warehouse DBMS Magic Quadrant issued by Gartner.
- In the 2011 Forrester WAVE for Data Warehousing.
- In the 2011 Information Difference Study on Data Warehousing.
In 2011, we were named One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies – again!
Teradata Cares Program
Volunteering unleashes the power of the human spirit, fuels individual passions, develops employee skills, facilitates teamwork and strengthens the bonds between our company and the communities where we live and do business.
Teradata Cares is a program designed to build strong and vibrant communities, improve quality of life and make a positive difference where we live and work. By working together, we can build a better world.