The Global Supply Manager for Total Cost will lead and manage the efforts for the analysis and actions related to cost improvement for the Global Strategic Supply Team. This role will be responsible for overseeing the cost reduction initiatives as well as performing end to end total cost analysis including supplier parts, transportation, manufacturing labor and overhead, inventory and distribution costs. This role will become the cost of goods sold expert for the Tennant Global Strategic Supply/Operations team.
- The Global Supply Manager will support the area of Total Cost. This role will be responsible for managing and tracking the cost improvement objectives, projects and results for the Global Strategic Supply organization.
- Provide analysis and information regarding the total COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) profit and loss statement line for each business unit/region
- Develop delivery total cost reports for the Global Strategic Supply team that provide in-depth information on end to end business costs
- Develop and maintain the Total Cost Calculation tool that is used to evaluate the cost effectiveness/validity of all Global Strategic Supply projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with customer facing functions to identify cost/margin challenged finished goods and purchased finished goods and provide path to improvement
- Provide oversight to the Global Total Cost Teams and host events that provide ideas/inputs to the Total Cost Project Funnel as well as manages the funnel stage gates. Funnel should be an on-going effort that continually adds ideas with the goal of maintaining 1.5-2x of total annual savings goals.
- Provide calculated cost saving metrics for Global Supply bowling charts
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor level degree in Business with a concentration in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Material Management, or related field
- 8-10 years work related experience in a related field
- MS Office, SAP or related ERP experience
- E2E business experience
- Manufacturing and/or Distribution and Logistics experience
- Knowledge and exposure to the concepts of Material Flow
- Experience and knowledge working wiht regulatory issues, commodity markets, abd currency
- Lean six sigma experience
About Tennant Company
Tennant Company (Tennant) is engaged in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions that create a cleaner, safer world. The Company’s floor maintenance and outdoor cleaning equipment, specialty surface coatings and related products are used to clean and coat floors in factories, office buildings, parking lots and streets, airports, hospitals, schools, warehouses and shopping centers. The Company sells its products domestically and internationally. On March 28, 2008, the Company acquired Sociedade Alfa Ltda. The Company’s wholly owned subsidiary is Applied Sweepers.