Join our movement
Success Academy Charter Schools is a fast growing not-for-profit Charter Management Organization (CMO) that operates nine public charter elementary and middle schools throughout New York City (with three additional school openings planned for August 2012). Over the next decade, our network will grow to 40 schools that provide a phenomenal K-8 public education to NYC school children. Our dual mission is to:
- Offer children in New York City an exceptional public education that prepares them to succeed in college and life.
- Forever alter the educational prospects for all public school children by creating a “tipping point” – moving a nation where educational failure is the norm to a nation that expects high-quality public school options for all children.
We are seeking an ambitious Fellowship Program Associate to join our Success Academies teamResponsibilities:
The Fellowship Program Associate will be responsible for recruiting and training Success Academy Teacher and Leader fellows. Teacher and Leader fellows are chosen to enter Success Academy Charter Schools from outside of the world of education because of their demonstrated passion for our mission and proven track record of success. The Fellowship Program Associate will play a pivotal role in finding this talent and help design the training module that will prepare them to be successful as they take on leadership roles within and beyond our classrooms.
- Building and managing a professional development track for teacher and leader fellows; starting with an intensive training program in the summer and continuing throughout the school year
- Collaborating with our university partnership to build and maintain a teacher certification program for T Fellows and current Success Academy staff members
- Recruiting and selecting candidates who demonstrate potential to be successful as classroom and school leaders
- Coordinating with our content experts and consultants on training programs and support for fellows
The ideal candidate for this position must have a Bachelor’s Degree and a high level of professionalism and enthusiasm. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of previous work experience.
The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Organization. Keeps track of projects and deadlines.
- Problem-solving. Approaches challenges in creative ways and finds thoughtful solutions.
- Oral and written communication. Comfort with public speaking, addressing a variety of audiences with a knowledgeable and friendly demeanor. Audiences include school staff, parents, students and partners.
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team:
- Attention to detail. Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities.
- Dedication to mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools.
- Collaboration. Working with teammates and responsive to feedback.
- Beyond Z attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
Please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent Fellowship Program Associate at Success Academy.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.