Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
**System Administrator III*
* Specialty: Microsoft Windows - Citrix**
David Evans and Associates is currently seeking a System Administrator III - Citrix System Administrator to join our project team with our client in Portland, OR. This position is located in the Data Center Services organization within the IT department. The System Administrator is a subject matter expert in terminal services and application presentation virtualization.
* Participate, in establishing operating system/server, and application requirements by drafting and/or reviewing documents, and setting standards and procedures for Citrix applications; to assure they fit within the overall Department of Energy and agency IT standards and processes.
* Assure compliance of Citrix teams by assigning tasks with applicable security procedures, as well as other agency standards and guidelines.
* Serve as a technical advisor to users and professionals on Citrix Administration, utilization, and installation. Will be expected to maintain open, positive communications with clients on all technical issues.
* Responsible for the maintenance and support of business Citrix servers with a client base located throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Washington D.C. System Administrator will be expected to be highly responsive to service disruptions and outages and work to effect restoration of Citrix services.
* Troubleshoot, track and resolve all Citrix related application problems, and hand off to the appropriate technical team if not Citrix-related.
* Support end user's Citrix client software (for troubleshooting, and resolution).
* Log review for client / HDX / Application failures, security events, and respond with appropriate actions such as:
* Resolving printer issues to enable printing
* Reacting to, and correcting performance problems
* Installing Citrix related applications such as XenDesktop 4, XenDesktop 5, XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2003, XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2008, XenApp 6, XenServer 5, NetScaler 9, and Access Gateway 4.
* Patching both server and client related software, and performing application / software updates.
* Identifying requirements, evaluating, and installing new software such as Advanced Edition, Access Gateway 8 Enterprise Edition, Access Gateway 9 Enterprise Edition and Application Firewall 8.
* 10+ years of experience - Computer Technology or related field is required.
* Undergraduate College Degree is preferred, or in lieu of degree, an equivalent of 4 additional years of experience (14+ years total) in Computer Technology or related field is required.
* 4+ years direct work experience in a Citrix environment is required.
* Strong understanding of domain security groups and setting permissions regarding access to server and particularly terminal server resources is required.
* Strong understanding of Citrix user profiles with ability to install and publish software applications on a Citrix server is required.
* Knowledge of and experience with hardware specifications and maintenance requirements in a computer room environment is required.
* Knowledge of and experience with Virtual server methodologies including thin client shared desktop implementation is required.
* CCA, CCEA, or CCEE certifications desirable.
* Ability to architect, configure, install and manage Citrix XenApp 6.0 farms to provide session and application virtualization technologies.
* Ability to architect, configure, install and manage a shared desktop VDI environment.
* Ability to work with other team members in a Citrix environment to resolve highly technical problems and issues.
* Ability to install,