Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Bulletin Number: 131-2013
* Bachelor's degree
* 5 years of related work experience
* Thorough knowledge of computer operating systems, equipment, terminology, network systems administration, installation/maintenance/troubleshooting practices and techniques, and implementation and maintenance of Internet services.
* Knowledge of the techniques of computer software/hardware and network support for multiple users.
* Strong knowledge of MS Windows and MS Internet Information Services.
* Knowledge of the design, planning, and leveraging of Active Directory, network operating systems, networking concepts, Cisco networking, VoIP telephony, SAN / NAS, Virtualization, and back-up / recovery tools.
* Familiarity with video conferencing, SQL, industry terminology, best practices, project management, systems analysis and ITIL.
* Use of standard office equipment.
* Knowledge of Datatel and curriculum applications.
* Knowledge of community colleges, their business operations, processes, and procedures.
* Knowledge of Business English.
* Strong computer skills including data input, word processing, e-mail, and spreadsheets; organizational skills; multi-tasking skills; proofreading skills.
* Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, students, staff, other agencies, and the general public; manage time effectively; read and interpret policies, regulations and laws as they relate to this job; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and spelling in the English language.
* Maintain a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information.
* One certification every other year following probationary period: Microsoft MCSE, MCITP; Cisco professional/expert or VMware VCP or similar as defined by the college.
* Possession of Microsoft MCSE, MCITP, Cisco professional / expert, VMWare VCP certifications or similar.
* Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
* Administer all aspects and serve as the system administrator on mission critical network servers and their operating systems.
* Design, plan, configure, install and ensure functionality, security, and stability of network devices and servers.
* Troubleshoot server, application, and network.
* Provide user support on system issues.
* Develop and recommend strategies for the implementation of new software and hardware technologies.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / ADA Institution embracing diversity.