We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec's Plano, TX office is looking for an Intern to join their team. This local individual will currently be working on his/her Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited university.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Learns how to set up new CAD drawings and Revit project files and maintains file structure for projects
* Works with project managers and technical design staff to prepare drawing documentation
* Works in both Revit MEP and AutoCAD MEP on 3D projects; including maintaining multiple models, creating views, accurate object placement, and UCS manipulation
* Creates electronic data files in compliance with Stantec and client requirements
* Converts redlines to document-ready work
* Publishes, posts, and manages drawing sets
* Maintains drawing revisions
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
* Must be in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
* Has familiarity with electrical, lighting, and technology design within the built environment is preferred
* Working knowledge of CAD MEP and Revit MEP are preferred
* Working knowledge of Building Information Modeling
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Basic understanding of codes and standards for raceways and cabling systems based upon the NEC (NFPA 70) and TIA Standards, preferred
Submit your Resume for this job: