St. Jude Medical is now Abbott
Assignment: Summer - Fall / Full-time Co-op Assignment
Length: 6 to 8 month
We are seeking high caliber, innovative students who have interest in Medical Device and joining the team that develops medical devices to manage chronic pain, Parkinson's, and other neurological disorders. We change lives and restore hope when it's lost.
As a member of the R&D Software Development organization you will assist in delivering iOS and Android apps for clinicians to program those implants and for patients to control them. You would have the responsibility for assisting various aspects of software development and verification for Apple mobile devices including iPads and iPods.
You would have access to the latest technologies to develop products like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBzb2IsSCPQ
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
Software development and verification activities:
* Requirement specifications, developing, maintaining, and updating detailed design and interface specifications.
* Participate in and support the implementation, development, and modifications to software source code, scripts, and procedures.
* Debug, troubleshoot, and isolate software problems.
* Identify parameters, structure, and critical test components.
* Write, update, or execute test design, cases, as well as procedures and reports results.
* Assist in developing/maintaining automated test library.
* Support test stations in lab.
* Support implementation, and modifications to test cases, procedures, scripts etc.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott's marketplace success:
* Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
* Android or iOS development (Preferred)
* C, C++, Java programming, Windows 7 programming, Linux/iOS/Android App programming.
* Ability to take initiative and work independently and in team environment.
* Strong verbal and written communication with good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
About St. Jude Medical
St. Jude Medical, Inc. (St. Jude)develops, manufactures and distributes cardiovascular medical devices for the global cardiac rhythm management, cardiology and cardiac surgery and atrial fibrillation therapy areas and implantable neurostimulation devices for the management of chronic pain. The Company operates in four business segments: Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM), Cardiovascular (CV), Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and Neuromodulation Systems (Neuro). On July 3, 2008, the Company completed the acquisition of EP MedSystems, Inc. On December 19, 2008, St. Jude acquired Radi Medical Systems. On December 22, 2008, St. Jude acquired MediGuide Inc.