Energy Business Intern
Shipley Energy is now accepting applications for an Energy Business Intern for our summer internship program. Our paid internship program begins in May and continues through early August.
Skills & Requirements:
* College student with a major in Business, Finance, and/or Economics
* Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Committed to the values of integrity, caring relationships, responsibility, and pride
* Proficient in computer technology including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Area of Responsibility:
* Assist Electricity Analyst in creating and updating forward cost curves for electricity based on current market conditions
* Aid in expansion into new territories by researching and documenting regulatory and operational needs for natural gas and electricity
* Assist Energy Administrator with streamlining the AR and budget processes in the new system
* Evaluate and recommend various hedging strategies utilizing the futures NG market
* Create process for updating variable customer usages in Nexant
* Create process for updating natural gas attrition rates by offer vs. current market price to compare
Complete other projects as assigned
About Shipley Energy
YORK, PA - In anticipation of rising gas prices, York-based Shipley Energy is offering to lock in natural gas customers' rates for two years. Shipley's unprecedented offer is available to natural gas customers February 15 through March 14.
Although this year's milder-than-expected winter has brought some relief from steep energy prices, natural gas users still have paid considerably more than last year.
According to David Gruno, Shipley's Manager of Natural Gas Sales and Marketing, the company wants natural gas customers to "take control of their energy costs. Every winter we see gas prices increase. Locking in a fixed rate for two years gives customers peace of mind , you know what you're going to pay."
Many consumers are now discovering that independent energy companies, like Shipley Energy, provide natural gas at costs much more competitive than those charged by local utilities. Choosing a non-utility provider is a dependable, risk-free way to save money. Gas is delivered through existing pipelines and no additional pipes or meters are needed.
Since 1997, Shipley Energy has saved its natural gas customers more than $10 million. In addition to the two-year rate lock in, Shipley offers a variety of flexible pricing options, including budget payment plans for commercial and residential natural gas accounts and a complete range of services, from 24-hour repair service with guaranteed response times, to home heating oil and bulk fuels.
Natural gas customers can sign up for the two-year rate by calling Shipley Energy at 1-800-839-1849, ext. 279 or ext. 389.
Shipley Energy, Central Pennsylvania's largest total energy company, is a member of the York-based Shipley Group, now in its 76 th year of service to residents and businesses in the region.