The Clinical Lab Assistant II performs technical and clerical functions in one or more sections of the laboratory.
* Assists with receiving, identifying, accessioning, processing and transporting specimens.
* Maintains equipment and adequate stock of supplies.
* Maintains work area in a safe, aseptic and organized manner.
* Performs clerical duties which may include but are not limited to answering phones, data entry, and filing.
* Performs analysis of patient samples under the leadership of designated staff as assigned. Performs special procedures such as difficult venipunctures, Micro plate set ups, preparation of reference lab samples, etc.
* Performs and coordinates clerical tasks around outpatient paperwork filing and billing needs. Documents QA around accuracy of outpatient orders.
* Coordinates activities related to duties and responsibilities of other Clinical Lab Assistants. Communicates problems and needs to the supervisor.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* May be required to be "on-call."
* Preferred Credential(s):
* Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
* HS or Equivalent
* High school diploma or equivalent is required Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences field is preferred and Two (2) years laboratory experience is required. Preferred degree can substitute for the required experience.
About Seton Health
Seton Health is a comprehensive, integrated health care system, anchored by St. Mary's Hospital of Troy. We serve Rensselaer, Albany and Southern Saratoga counties from more than twenty locations in the greater Capital District area. Seton Health is a member of Ascension Health, the nation's largest non-profit healthcare system.