Sargent Aerospace & Defense is a premier global supplier of custom engineered, high quality products to the Aerospace and Defense Industries. Sargent holds a leadership position in this highly competitive environment as a result of its commitment to investment in people, technology, facilities, new products, processes and equipment. Sargent is comprised of two market focused groups: Sargent OEM Group and Sargent Aftermarket Services Group. This group structure allows Sargent to provide focused, customized solutions to the market segments served, while leveraging Sargent's organizational strengths across every business unit.
Sargent Aerospace & Defense products are found on many major Commercial and Military aircraft in operation worldwide. Products and systems include hydraulic actuation and valve systems, locking actuators, steering metering control valves, fuse pins, hot forged bolts, pneumatic ducting and valve seals, tubing system alignment joints, engine hot section and structural components, airframe components, shock strut bearings, Teflon lined spherical bearings and broad component maintenance, overhaul, spares logistics and power-by-the-hour support services. Sargent is also a major supplier of hydraulic control valves to the US Navy on all Nuclear Class Submarine programs. Sargent has an immediate opening for an Engineering Intern.
Purpose and Scope:
Gain experience in a professional Engineering setting. Interns will be expected to perform the duties of Design and Project Engineers to the extent possible based on their level of curriculum completion.
* Assist manufacturing and the test lab with creating processes and tooling designs for new and existing designs
* Write test plans and test reports in support of new programs
* Troubleshoot processes and tooling to resolve manufacturing and test issues
* Maintain accurate, orderly project records, including design and test data, customer specifications, directives, etc.
* Create designs and drawings based on engineering specifications or descriptions of customer requirements
* Apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) to facilitate inspection and manufacturing
* Interact with internal customers as an engineering representative
Education and Experience:
* Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Material Science Engineering
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* MS Office proficient
* Mechanical aptitude displayed through personal hobbies/projects or work experience
* Experience with group work environments.
* U.S. Citizen
* Familiarity with metal forming and manufacturing methods and processes
* Mechanical design experience
* Working knowledge of Pro/Engineer
* MathCAD familiarity
Sargent Aerospace & Defense
Job Location: Tucson (Cortaro & I-10)
About Sargent Aerospace
Sargent is a premier global supplier of custom engineered, high quality products to the Aerospace and Defense Industries. Sargent holds a leadership position in this highly competitive environment as a result of its commitment to investment in people, technology, facilities, new products, processes and equipment.
Sargent is comprised of three market focused groups: Sargent Engine Group, Sargent Aftermarket Group and Sargent Systems and Components Group. Each group provides focused solutions to the market segments they serve, while leveraging the Sargent organization and strengths across all of our businesses.
The Sargent Engine Group is comprised of the pneumatic sealing devices, hot section components and alignment joints product lines. Sargent Engine Group will continue to serve its core customer base with these products, while expanding its engineering expertise and supply chain management services to meet today's market needs.
The Sargent Systems & Components Group provides OEM airframe components, leveraging Sargent's expertise in hydraulic components and systems. Additional product lines include high strength specialty fasteners, and self-lubricated lined (Kahr-Lon) specialty bearings.
The Sargent Aftermarket Group is a leading provider of OEM and third party maintenance, overhaul and repair services. Comprised of nine complementary component support shops including hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, wheels and brakes, avionics, electro-mechanical, fuel, CSDs and rewind products, Sargent is truly a one-stop solution provider to aircraft operators and maintenance providers worldwide.
Sargent is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dover Corporation (NYSE:DOV).
Sargent is a proud member of several industry associations:
Home | About Sargent | Capabilities Search | Products / Services | Industry Events | Contact Us | Help