Requisition ID: 58501
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Senior Channel Sales Executive is responsible for building a business in given geography, solution, and/or industry. Their task is to conduct market opportunity analysis, partner profiling and identification. With regards to partners coverage, partner economic business case, business planning (marketing and business development with partners), and revenue attainment through partners (including forecast, pipeline, and deal management) are major KPIs for a Senior Channel Sales Executive.
Solution/ Industry specialized Business Development
- Identifies market opportunity and coverage and delivery capacity gaps in the partner ecosystem relevant to his/her solution- or industry specialization. Triggers Indirect Channel Mgt (respective Partner Account Managers (PAM), Inside Partner Account Managers) to ensure that in case of any gaps appropriate resources will be brought in place in the light of territory potential, coverage needs and channel capacity & capability. Reviews resource allocation on a regular base and adjusts accordingly
- Identifies potential partners to recruit to meet capacity requirements in collaboration with respective Channel Recruiting expert. Builds business case to present partner value proposition (including economic value prop)
- Responsible for creation, monitoring and review of Business Development activities around his/her solution- or industry- specialization area. Defines innovative approaches to respectively specialized Channel Build and executes either directly or via the team. Drives core strategies and actions to ensure KPI achievement
- Drives deal closures in respective territories, especially with regard to getting in partners that had no business with SAP in the territory before (even though they might be existing SAP partners).
- Generally will be focused on volume segment and ensure alignment with Indirect Channel Mgt (respective Partner Account Managers (PAM), Inside Partner Account Managers) and Inside Sales based on key channel economics. Where available will act in strong interrelationship / be co-located with similarly specialized sales roles (e g specialized AEs in Enterprise segment in regional centers of Expertise)
- Working together with the PAM, the CSM also develops and executes
- Partner demand generation plan to build partner pipeline
- partner competency plan to ensure partner resources are trained on the latest solution and sales content,
- partner resource utilization plan so partners have full access to and are utilizing SAP tools and methodologies
- presales coaching plan for existing and new partners
- Ensures Solution or Industry build plans are in place and KPIs are met. Develops action plans to correct as necessary
- Drives business / territory plan for his specialization area(s) under his supervision on a regular base for mid-term and quarterly perspective
Solution / Industry specialized Partner Sales Support
- Proactively covers in alignment with Indirect Channel Mgt (respective Partner Account Managers (PAM), Inside Partner Account Managers) relevant territory accounts with regards to his area of solution / industry expertise to generate opportunities with and for Partners
- Gets involved into transactional sales support in key deals in his area(s) of solution / industry expertise at ISE/AE's request, and/or may potentially be based on a partner's initiative. Supports Partner in all deal closing activities
- Coaches partner sales reps to interact with prospects in large or complex SW deals in his area of solution / industry expertise in order to position the value of the respective SW or industry solution. Ensures high conversion rate from pipeline to deal closure.
- Supports - if required - ISEs and Inside Partner Account Managers (iPAMs) / Partner Account managers (PAMs) as well as other members of the respective local sales force by providing industry knowledge or solution expertise. Enables PAMs/ISE to handle new SAP solutions and developments in customer contact.
- Provides forecast by partners with regards to his solution / industry specialization to the country and regional sales management. Ensures forecast and pipeline accuracy
- Escalates critical deals in his area of solution / industry expertise in a proactive and professional manner and demands management/expert attention.
Solution / Industry specialized Channel Pipeline Generation
- Coordinates solution / industry specialized demand generation activities in coordination with inside sales and aligned with Indirect Channel Management to ensure solid pipeline around his area of specialization
- Works with Partners and Indirect Channel Management to prospect new companies as potential customers around his area of solution specialization / industry focus
Experience & Education
- Minimum 5 years experience in Sales
- Profound knowledge in one or in several solution areas such as e.g. LoB, Mobility, In-Memory, ByDesign, BA&T, B One, BAiO or in a certain industry
- Knowing or having successful experience in multi channel go to market models
- Understanding the principles of solution selling through Partners
- Advanced SME Channel Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Indirect channel dynamics
- Knowledge of ERP market
- Local market knowledge and understanding
- Bachelor equivalent: yes
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to HR Direct (Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: email@example.com, EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection