Requisition ID: 35841
Work Area: Software-Research
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Purpose and Objective of Job:
SAP is currently expanding the Data Science team from Romania. It provides advanced analytics services to customers, helping them to improve their business based on scientific analysis of large amounts of business data. The team drives innovation, develops new business optimization algorithms, and provides analytical services directly to our clients.
Expectations and Tasks of Job:
A Senior Software Developer takes charge in the complete development process - design, development, testing and deployment - of software custom solutions in the Data Science Department. In this role, the Senior Software Developer works directly with data scientists to delivery software implementations of mathematical models and algorithms. This position requires the ability to work and communicate as a part of a high performance team in an international environment.
Industry-specific experience in Retail, Consumer Products, Utilities, Finance, Banking, Automotive or Public Sector is a plus.
* Experience in developing software, in most of the following areas:
- Database servers: SAP HANA, Sybase ASE / ASA, ORACLE, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2
- Database programming: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- Data warehousing/reporting/ETL: SAP BusinessObjects, ORACLE BI, Cognos, MS OLAP
- Software architectures: WEB, n-tier, SOA
* Experience in working in project teams. Several projects full lifecycles desired.
* Familiar with Project Management methodologies and deliverables (PMI, Prince 2, Agile)
Education and Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
In addition to a strong scientific and IT background, the position requires strong problem-solving and ability to communicate effectively estimations and design decisions.
The ideal candidate covers a major part of the following expertise areas:
* University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Informatics
* Understanding of scalable and maintainable software architecture
* Mastering object oriented programing language
* Proven experience with large data sets on both RDBMS and NoSQL
* Willingness and ability to learn quickly new mathematical or technical methods with little guidance
* High energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethic; "can do" attitude
* Self-starter in new technologies and SAP innovation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Native Romanian
* English at advanced level is a must, German is a plus
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to HR Direct (Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: email@example.com, EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection