Subject Matter Expert (Job Number:415813)
Job Description and Duties:
- Initiates, supervises, and/or develops requirements from a project's inception to conclusion for complex programs
- Provides strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to program and project staff
- Provides detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization, and/or maintenance efforts for client-specific or mission critical challenges/issues
- Consults with client to define need/problem, supervises studies, and leads surveys to collect/analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 10+ years of progressive responsibility for O&M of a major program
- 5+ years' experience managing operations and maintenance teams
- 5+ years' experience implementing operations development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience improving efficiencies and reducing cost of providing O&M for large computer systems
- 5+ years' experience in monitoring daily operations (performance, health, reliability, availability, etc.) of geographically distributed computer systems
- 5+ years' experience in monitoring daily operations (performance, health, availability) satellites, ground systems, sensors, and data products.
- PMP certification
- Expert qualifications and/or expertise in the areas of satellites, ground systems, sensors, and/or associated data products.
- Recognized Industry leader for a given area of expertise.
- Experience working on NOAA programs
- Experience with meteorology or atmospheric science
Experience working with data ingest, processing, and distribution
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Feb 4, 2016, 3:38:51 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job