Service Desk Lead (Job Number:415036)
SAIC is looking for a Service Desk Lead General located in Scott AFB, Illinois.
The Service Desk Lead shall be responsible for managing a top-notch service desk in support of HQ USTRANSCOM. The Service Desk Lead shall prepare reports on incidents status and performance of request fulfillment. The Service Desk lead is responsible for overall Service Desk operations, managing technicians, customer service, an incident knowledge base, continuous process improvement, and meeting established metrics. The lead acts as Tier 3 support providing technical direction and guidance for unresolved service tickets along with leading projects.
- Responsible for managing a top-notch service desk in support of HQ USTRANSCOM. The Service Desk Lead shall prepare reports on incidents status and performance of request fulfillment.
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to customers.
- Technical direction and guidance for unresolved service tickets
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk specialists including career development. Oversee staff activities. Builds/obtains training material for support staff. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support.
- Provide data and reporting of KPIs, and trends in support of HQ USTRANSCOM
- Oversee solutions repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to staff.
- Responsible for overseeing specialists for answering calls, executing request fulfillment actions, logging tickets, functional user support, account management and password services, diagnosing and resolving issues
- Responsible to ensure accurate logging, categorization, prioritization, initial diagnosis, routing, functional escalation, and data integrity of all applicable incidents and requests.
The Service Desk Lead should have the following qualifications and demonstrated experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing a Service Desk using the BMC Business tool suite for a large enterprise network
- Desired Service Desk Manager Certification, e.g., Service Desk Institute (SDI) Service Desk Manager, Help Desk Institute (HDI) Support Center Team Lead
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with ITIL V3-based Service Operations and IT Service Management
- Currently possess and maintain ITIL V3 or 2011 Intermediate certification
- Preferred a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Information Technology
- Working knowledge in all aspects of automation, telecommunications, and IT networks
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills - be able to communicate with ease in front of large audiences of senior IT and communications personnel
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience, with at least four (4) of those involving application of DoD policy, direction, and guidance to customer environments
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Dec 29, 2015, 12:46:57 PM
Primary Location: United States-MO-ST. LOUIS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job