Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Cognitive Performance Coach - Fayetteville, NC (Job Number:412602)
Currently, there are openings for Cognitive Performance Coaches (CPC) to support the Cognitive Enhancement Performance Program (CEPP) at multiple locations including Ft Belvoir, VA; Fayetteville, NC; and Sierra Vista, AZ.
CPCs teach performance enhancement techniques to Service Members and Civilians. Teaching is conducted in group and individual settings, and includes general education in human performance along with personalized training on how to acquire and apply specific mental skills and techniques that cultivate the mental and emotional strength necessary to thrive in an era of overwhelming demands and persistent conflict. Using these principles, CPCs help Service Members to become high performing "tactical athletes" and help foster high performing "unit teams" in preparation for, during, and following combat operations. Specifically, CPCs teach performance psychology to further promote excellence and efficiency during physical, technical, and tactical training, as well as during the challenges of combat operations. Tasks, responsibilities, and additional duties include:
- Attend training exercises and field operations as requested by individual units to serve as a performance enhancement consultant and to coach Service Members and Leaders on the acquisition of performance psychology techniques and their application to individual military tasks and unit operations.
- Provide tailored educational programs and workshops to help Civilians living and working in demanding environments achieve success and accomplish personal, professional, and family goals.
- Recommend improvements to all aspects of CEPP operations.
- Perform routine CEPP operational duties.
- Conduct assessment, assist in program evaluation, and support research projects being conducted locally.
- Assist or provide CEPP program overview briefings to VIPs and high-ranking leaders when required.
- Develop and maintain professional development relating to all aspects of performance enhancement, academic proficiency, and military- related knowledge.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Required: Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of experience
Desired: Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Psychology, Counseling, or Kinesiology with a specialized emphasis in sport and/or performance psychology.
A CPC must have experience working with adult clients developing performance enhancement skills, education and training for use in a physical or motor performance arena. Excellent oral and written communications skills; experience teaching large, small, and individual audiences; ability to work well within a team environment.
Desired skills include: Familiarity with biofeedback techniques, military environment, and resilience training.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Sep 1, 2015, 12:48:56 PM
Primary Location: United States-NC-FORT BRAGG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job