Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
USCYBERCOM - Systems Administrator (Job Number:412560)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for an Systems Administrator to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) JXXX, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Systems Administrator organizes and directs the configuration and operation of information management systems. Provides the day- to-day system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance. Conducts capacity and performance analysis, and provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations. Increases system administrator efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts, develops system administrator procedures, and conducts system administrator training and skills assessment. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities and programming techniques and controls Daily activities include:
- Provides advice and assistance to users in accessing and using business systems
- Coordinates the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems
- Performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Responds to users' needs in a timely manner
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Maintains servers, create monitoring reports and log, and ensure functionality of system links
- Monitors systems for acceptable performance and user accessibility, and establish back-ups and monitors systems security
- Supervises technical staff, develop and coordinate project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organization
- Performs multiple tasks concurrently and responds to emergency situation effectively
- Performs system capacity analysis and planning, maintains servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of system links
- Performs configuration management and documentation of network and system topologies
- Prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines, and critical paths required for complete solutions
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the organization's hardware, software, and network components in addition to knowledge of programming languages and operating systems, current equipment and technologies in use, enterprise backup and recovery procedures and system performance monitoring tools Plans, organizes, and documents complex system design activities and configure systems to be consistent with the USCYBERCOM policies and procedures
- **Position contingent upon contract award***
- Minimum five (8) years of IT experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in System/Network Administration, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering or related discipline; or 4 years of experience in lieu of
- At a minimum, DOD 8570 IAT Level I Certification is required.
- TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS; TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Sep 1, 2015, 11:39:52 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job