USCYBERCOM - Technical Writer (Job Number:412568)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for an Technical Writer to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) JXXX, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Technical Writer assists in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of documents, training materials, guides, proposals, and reports. Provides technical edits to engineering documentation, software documentation, manuals, reports, or any other documents or presentations. Utilizes strong writing, editing and communication skills to analyze and present complex information in a format that is easy to read and understand
Daily activities include:
- Work with teams to obtain a general understanding of scientific and technical information, documentation content, and requirements
- Analyzes existing and potential content and suggests enhancements to content and its presentation
- With minimal guidance, develops diagrams, charts, graphs that increases the user's understanding
- Standardizes content across document and briefing libraries
- Develops high-quality documentation with minimal guidance that is easy- to-understand, easy to use, meets applicable standards, and meets the objectives and goals for the intended audience
- Revises documents to remain current to the projects progress
- Work with teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of scientific and technical information, documentation content, and requirements
- With no guidance, develops diagrams, charts, graphs that increases the user's understanding
- Develops high- quality documentation with no guidance that is easy-to-understand, easy to use, meets applicable standards, and meets the objectives and goals for the intended audience
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the scientific and technical subject matter, documentation content, and requirements
- Recommends and develops diagrams, charts, and graphs that increases the user's understanding
- **Position contingent upon contract award***
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Technical Writer.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline or 4 years experience in lieu of)
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office and excellent writing skills.
- Or, High School Diploma and eight (8) years demonstrated experience as a Technical Writer.
- TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS; TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Sep 1, 2015, 11:38:36 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job