Help Desk Support Spec II (Job Number:411938)
As a member of the helpdesk team, candidate will be responsible for responding to and diagnosing problems through discussions with remote users at Ft. Knox and other facilities. Provide maintenance of the computer laptop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the assigned laptop and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Remedy Enterprise helpdesk system.
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first- out based on priority.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local desktop or laptop workstation.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software with appropriate Knowledge Points and updates them as necessary by documenting internal procedures.
- Install, test and configure new laptop workstations, peripheral equipment and software and maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software and adhere to Army Gold Master Standards.
- Perform timely laptop hardware and software upgrades as required by end user and in accordance with approved software and hardware list.
- Identify all applicable applications and systems needed in a new build for Transition Division laptops.
- Create the build incorporating identified applications and systems.
- Deploy build to all identified Transition Division laptops.
- Update build with all applicable patches and updates.
- Maintain all non-deployed laptops on the network to ensure that they remain on the domain.
- Coordinate and ship laptops to Transition Division in the field (utilizing existing shipping account).
- Conduct spot check inventories in accordance with identified resource inventory procedures.
- Assist in answering TAP-XXI IT support emails.
- Associate Degree (or equivalent years of experience) in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field and 2+ years of related experience as Help Desk Specialist. Significant experience may substitute for minimum educational requirements.
- Work at an enterprise leave help desk to design, develop, implement Install, test and configure new laptop workstations, peripheral equipment and changes to the end user specific applications and services.
- Monitor system hardware and software services and recommends effective utilization of resources and investigate potential system performance problems and implements emergency recovery procedures.
- Respond to system and environment problems by analyzing the problem, formulating a solution, and quickly repairing the system to avoid costly interruption of services to end users.
- Maintain knowledge of hardware, software, and/or systems products to continuously improve system utilization, performance and financial benefits.
- Minimum two years of technical experience on an enterprise helpdesk.
- Two years of experience with supporting remote users through telephone discussion.
- Previous experience with enterprise helpdesk application.
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows 7.
- Knowledge of and experience with printer mapping, wireless network configuration and troubleshooting, VPN client connectivity.
- Helpdesk (HDI) certification is required within the first 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards a plus.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to get one. Must have an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract.
- Must be able to obtain the Security+ certification and provide proof that the candidate is enrolled into the CompTIA Continuing Education program before start.
- Must sign a non-disclosure and privileged level access agreement.
- A self-starter, capable of working both independently and in team environments.
- Strong customer service, organizational skills, knowledge of applicable DoD/Government policies and procedures.
- People skills, team player, strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to troubleshoot problems quickly, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi- task.
- Ability to develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow.
- Must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Jul 30, 2015, 12:34:55 PM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job