Network Administrator - Intermediate (Job Number:411945)
Network Administrator - Intermediate
Description of Duties
Responsible for tracking and updating telecommunication service requests, reporting status of acquisition messages and deactivations. Working with Engineers regarding any issues with circuits. Working with Recruiting elements regarding the procurement processes of ordering new circuits and replacement circuit ordering information and explaining the process of circuit transition. Identify, order, and track new, relocating and closing recruiting stations as well as identify consolidating and vacant stations with communications still connected. Coordinating with circuit providers to identify circuit locations and gain access to Demarks. Coordinate and work with circuit providers to resolve any issues regarding circuit ID discrepancies, pricing, site codes, circuit updates, circuit orders, circuit terminations, etc. Decommission circuits, respond to circuit inquires and resolve missing conduit issues. Obtain Letters-of-Authorization and Right-of-Entry documents to allow circuit installations to occur. Receive, identify, track and DRMO returned vendor modems and routers from decommissioned sites.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to get one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
- Must be able to obtain a Security+ Certification that is enrolled into CompTIA's Continuing Education program before start date
- Must have possession of a secondary certification relevant to computing environment. Microsoft Certification.
- Must sign privileged level access agreement
- Team player, strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi-task
- Ability to train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, problem isolation
- Ability to develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Jul 30, 2015, 12:50:57 PM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job