Network Administrator I (Job Number:411928)
- We are looking for the following requirements for the position in the Network Support Team.
- Team primary responsibilities lie in the configuration, management, support and maintenance of the US Army network.
- Team provides 24X7 support for all RSN communications equipment (routers, switches, hubs, terminal servers, wireless access points, VPN concentrators, and UPS) and circuits in the network while providing on call coverage on a monthly rotation cycle.
- Candidate will be expected to be the technical subject matter expert on communication solutions operating under minimum supervision for a large complex enterprise organization.
- Is responsible for evaluating and analyzing the performance of communications services, defining communication baselines and communications service levels for the enterprise.
- Is responsible for the implementation of control and monitoring systems to assist in the evaluation of performance of communications services.
- Is responsible for the full documentation of the enterprise communications architecture to include drawings, diagrams, operations manuals and other applicable data.
- Supervises and mentors less experienced staff.
- Can work independently on most efforts.
- Prefer the individual have a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Must be able to apply best practices in modifying and securing the network environment to ensure that it meets All Information Assurance requirements.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- LAN switching & routing & Ethernet networks along with IP routing, configuration, troubleshooting of switched & routed networks.
- Individual must be fully capable of addressing all levels of trouble calls or network events.
- Strong network technology concepts and experience, especially Ethernet & IP.
- Have an In-depth understanding of software installation and operations.
- Working experience on data communication equipment - Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Cable Tester, ATM Tester, optical power meter, etc.
- Design, development, deployment, problem identification and remediation, and on-going support of a very large WAN Environment.
- Very strong working experience with Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Gateway, DTE & DCE equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, fast technology learner and ability to independently perform tasks.
- Excellent communication skills to interface Network Operation Groups, Engineering, customer, vendor and third party personnel.
- Provide engineering planning and management support.
- Determine optimal routing through the network.
- Ability to troubleshoot network performance problems.
- Determine appropriate circuit types and capacities.
- Develop conceptual solutions for migration from an ATM core backbone to a MPLS- based infrastructure.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to get one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract.
- Must be able to obtain a Security + certification and have it enrolled into Comptia's continuing education program before start date.
- Relevant computing environment certification - CCNA is required before start date.
- Must sign privileged level access agreement.
- Team player, strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi- task.
- Ability to train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, problem isolation.
- Ability to develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Jul 30, 2015, 8:30:24 AM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job