CyberSpace Operational Analyst (Job Number:407359)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The successful candidate will assist in conducting the operations and defense of the DODIN. Provides situational awareness of cyber incidents, health, performance, availability and reliability of the DODIN. Conducts research and analyses to identify issues and priorities affecting operations. Supports the creation, dissemination, and compliance of applicable orders and directives to the DoD community and provides inputs to planning teams/groups to address areas of concern for the developmental planning of cyberspace capabilities for the operation, protection, and defense of the DODIN.
Daily duties will include:
- Collaborations with government and key partners to determine adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Providing guidance on mitigation/remediation strategies and situational awareness across the DoD community to improve cyberspace defensive posture.
- Support to continue essential USCYBERCOM functions across a wide range of hazards through Contingency Operations (COOP) planning, testing, and maintenance.
- Responds to USCYBERCOM requirements for real world and exercise COOP and National Capital Region (NCR) catastrophic events.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics
- Graduate of military IDE
- Graduate of Military Communications or Cyber qualification course
TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS; TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Seven years of experience with DISA, JTF-GNO or Service NOSC.
- Must have recent operational experience with Joint Operational Planning and Cyber Intelligence collection
- Demonstrated experience in After Action Reporting, developing Lessons Learned and capturing exercise artifacts.
- Significant experience on or in support of a major staff, i.e.; Joint Staff or CCMD staff.
- Experience with relevant CNO tools and databases
- Experience in support of Service, COCOM or JS cyber exercise as a player or planner.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 8, 2015, 9:38:14 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job