Cyberspace Capabilities Registry Analyst (Job Number:410004)
SAIC currently has a contingency position for a Cyberspace Capabilities Registry Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) at Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Cyberspace Capability Registry (CCR) is a database that is charged by the Joint Staff with becoming the Program of Record for all DoD cyberspace capabilities and associated data in order to be utilized for planning by the operator during mission, and for post operations assessment. The CCR requirement originated in the J3, and the J3 is charged with operational management and data maintenance. The technical solution provider may not be in the J3. CCR management provides input to operational use, requirements, and capability limitations that impact the decision and policy making processes and improves CCR usability and accessibility.
Daily activities include:
- Analyze user requirements for system improvements to the CCR and submit changes to the solution provider. Collaborate with the solution provider through the system lifecycle process
- Review technical capability documentation upon submission to the CCR to ensure it is clear, consistent, and complete
- Assist in establishing and implementing a maintenance program that improves the operational usefulness, fosters Information Operations (IO) community collaboration in the development and employment of cyber warfare capabilities
- Assist with functional testing and recommending further development of cyber warfare capabilities that could be made operationally effective with minimal additional development
- Review, analyze, and maintain data provided from end users and developers on their operational cyber capabilities. Recommend validation of the data for usability and/or implementation by the operational users
- Assess performance, readiness, and reliability of the CCR
- Collaborate with various internal and external cyber capability development organizations
- Monitors the CCR, provides documented recommendations for process and procedure improvements, enhancements, and refinements creating streamlined Quality Assurance processes that leverages the enhanced functionality of the CCR.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with cybersecurity or information assurance.
- Creation and dissemination of orders and directives to provide guidance to the DoD community.
- Staff experience researching and writing white papers, compliance reports and assessment reports in support of activities for defining policy.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Master's Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of relevant experience
TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS; TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 10, 2015, 2:22:48 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job