Cyber Capability Analyst (Job Number:409957)
SAIC currently has a contingency position for a Cyber Capability Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) at Fort Meade, Maryland.
Cyber Capability Analysis develops and coordinates operational and technical requirements for enhancing cyberspace capabilities based on operational needs throughout the entire lifecycle. This process requires coordination of a time-phased implementation of capabilities to align with USCYBERCOM and CMF strategic orders and directives. Cyber Capability Analysis identifies, prioritizes, and develops capability requirements.
Daily activities include:
- Facilitate, coordinate, and assist in the development, review, and edit of briefings and technical content for the Integrated Capabilities Requirements Working Group (ICRWG) and associated Operational Boards and participate in activities that prepare for the USCYBERCOM Requirements and Investment Board (CRIB)
- Facilitate, coordinate, and assist in the development, review, and edit of briefings and technical content for the DoD level Cyber Operational Capabilities Board (COCB)
- Collaborate with internal USCYBERCOM and external organizations to identify capability gaps that prevent mission accomplishment
- Synchronize & prioritize capability requirements and new tactical uses of existing capabilities across to applicable staff elements, JFHQs, subordinate headquarters, Service Cyber components, CCMD, components and agencies with cyber related missions
- Prepare and deliver operational capability requirements specifications and regular updates to USCYBERCOM leadership
- Provide recommendations to developers and users on the technical aspects of cyberspace requirements
- Identify and recommend cyberspace operations best practices, streamline processes, and methods to integrate emerging cyber technologies
- Research capabilities to identify potential target pairing and make timely assessments on munitions effectiveness
- Recommend guidance to the field. Assist in the transition of operational capability requirements to applicable staff elements, JFHQs, subordinate headquarters, Service Cyber components, CCMD, components and agencies with cyber related missions
- Support Cyber Capabilities and Targeting Gap Analysis through comparison, documenting, and reporting short falls in cyber capabilities against validated targeting requirements.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with cybersecurity or information assurance.
- Creation and dissemination of orders and directives to provide guidance to the DoD community.
- Staff experience researching and writing white papers, compliance reports and assessment reports in support of activities for defining policy.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Master's Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of relevant experience
- DoD 8570 Level II Information Assurance Certification is required
TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS; TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 10, 2015, 11:33:55 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job