Position: Construction Services Engineering Technician (Summer Intern)
Requisition Number: 2017-2320-04
S&ME, Inc., a geoprofessional and design consulting firm, is seeking a full-time Engineering Technician for the summer of 2017 to be based in our Chattanooga, Tennessee location. The individual will assist in performing:
* Review of civil, architectural, and structural plans and specifications in preparation of field observations on construction sites;
* Documentation of field activities, observations, and testing results on construction projects, and their conformance with (or deviation from) project plans and specifications;
* Field testing of soil, concrete, asphalt, aggregate, and masonry mortar/grout for compliance with ASTM, AASHTO, DOT, and/or project specifications;
* Laboratory testing of construction related materials including (but not limited to) soil, concrete, aggregate, and asphalt;
* Data input and analysis of field and laboratory results utilizing data acquisition software, Metafield®, and/or proprietary spreadsheets;
* Communication of field and laboratory testing results with Construction Services and Geotechnical Project Management staff, general contractors, and clients;
* Calibration of field and laboratory equipment to industry codes and standards.
* Enrolled in an Associate's or Bachelor's program in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology or related degree program, required;
* Effective communication skills required;
* Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs.;
* Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
* Ability to work and maneuver equipment (such as a wheelbarrow) on uneven ground;
* Willingness to travel out-of-town (typically overnight) for short duration assignments;
* At least 18 years of age.
This is a full-time, internship position for the period of May 2017 through August 2017 position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, salary history and expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
About S&ME, Inc.
The Society of Manufacturing Engineers is the world's leading professional society supporting manufacturing education. Through its member programs, publications, expositions and professional development resources, SME promotes an increased awareness of manufacturing engineering and helps keep manufacturing professionals up to date on leading trends and technologies. The Society has members in 70 countries and is supported by a network of hundreds of chapters worldwide.