Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Position: Construction Services Laboratory Technician (Part-Time Seasonal)
Requisition Number: 2016-2370-05
S&ME, Inc., a geoprofessional and design consulting firm, is seeking a part-time, seasonal Laboratory Technician to be based in our Knoxville, Tennessee location. Typical assignments and responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
* Laboratory testing of construction related materials including (but not limited to) soil, concrete, aggregate, and asphalt;
* Daily use of Metafield, and/or other field and laboratory information management systems, for recording of testing results;
* Communication of laboratory observations and testing results with Construction Services and Geotechnical Project Management staff;
* Calibration of field and laboratory equipment to industry codes and standards.
* Enrolled in an Associate's or Bachelor's program in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management, Geology, or related degree program at an accredited institution, required;
* Experience in geotechnical and/or materials laboratory testing, preferred;
* Have completed a minimum of 24 semester hours, including soil and concrete coursework with laboratory, preferred;
* Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
* Willingness to obtain International Code Council (ICC), American Concrete Institute (ACI), and/or Department of Transportation (DOT) certifications in the fields of aggregate, asphalt, soil, reinforced concrete, and masonry, required;
* Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
* Advanced math skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, required;
* Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment), required.
This is apart-time, seasonal position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, salary history and expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
About S&ME, Inc.
The Society of Manufacturing Engineers is the world's leading professional society supporting manufacturing education. Through its member programs, publications, expositions and professional development resources, SME promotes an increased awareness of manufacturing engineering and helps keep manufacturing professionals up to date on leading trends and technologies. The Society has members in 70 countries and is supported by a network of hundreds of chapters worldwide.