Electrical Engineering Internship/Co-op (Beginning Summer 2017)
The following Internship is available with Rockline Industries at our Springdale facility. The internship provides students with an opportunity to gain hands on experience and exposure to an innovative manufacturing environment while completing their education.
Electrical Engineering Internship opportunity working closely with Electrical Engineers and Electrical Technicians. This internship will provide fundamental knowledge to the intern by introducing and involving them in the operations and electrical aspects of our facility, as well as various R&D/routine projects.
The Electrical Engineering Intern will report directly to the Electrical Engineering Manager and participate in the following:
* Learn vision system programming. Be able to perform installation of new cameras as well as modification of existing systems.
* Learn ControlLogix programming including but not limited to basic motion programming.
* Troubleshoot existing control systems down to the component level using a meter, hand tools and programming software.
* Learn to troubleshoot and maintain ABB pickmaster robots. Be able to upgrade a single head system to a dual head system.
* Modify CM HMI's to clean up the displays.
* Assist Electronic Technicians with demanding projects where more resources are needed.
* Learn all levels of networking (switching, cabling, etc.) , assist Electrical Engineer in installation of data collection software and PLC changes.
* Other tasks as assigned
Schedule: Although the work hours are flexible, the intern will be expected to commit to a 40 hour work week during the summer months. The ideal candidate would be available to continue on throughout the fall (Part-time Internship or Co-op.)
Duration: June - TBD
Requirements: Current Sophomore (or higher, must have completed at least 60 credit hours) level student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering that is in good academic standing (3.0 or higher.) Must have the ability to perform basic wiring and knowledge of basic programming or digital logic knowledge, preferred. Must also demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate utilizing written, verbal and interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels of the organization. Excellent reasoning and logic skills as well as the ability to manage competing demands, required.
About Rockline Industries
Rockline Industries is a family owned corporation established in 1976.
Rockline is principally engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of both branded and private label products throughout the world. We are the largest supplier of coffee filters and private label baby wipes in North America. Other products manufactured and distributed by Rockline include baking cups, coffee stir sticks, heat seal paper for tea bags and coffee pouches, moist towelettes, incontinent wipes, and a variety of contract products.
Rockline's corporate headquarters is located in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Rockline has manufacturing facilities in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, Springdale, Arkansas, Montville, New Jersey and Birmingham, England. Rockline maintains sales offices in Los Angeles, California, San Antonio, Texas, Fort Myers, Florida, Salt Lake City, Utah, Birmingham, Alabama and Redditch, England. Rockline in total employs over 1100 people worldwide.