Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
Robert Half is seeking a Business Analyst – Business Technology who will Assists in the management of a product from concept to final release, maintaining product requirements and features, including analysis, requirements gathering, and documentation. Creates and evaluates business requirements, analyzes impact and evaluates/defines methods for integration into automated solutions. Provides support for the automated solutions which directly affect the availability, functionality and reliability of products to field personnel. Recognized as a subject matter expert on specific product features and capabilities.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
System and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Plan and provide UAT for new or modified applications/systems.
- Following established methodology, define and document UAT Scope, approach and success criteria, and obtain approvals or sign-offs as required.
- Develop test cases that verify that business requirements are met and can support business processes and use cases/user stories.
- As required, manage execution of UAT plan, report status and confirm completion of exit criteria.
- Establish and review unit and user test plans and schedules.
- Provide implementation support for the production environment within negotiated service levels.
- Assist in deployment UAT during implementation of new and modified systems.
Analysis, requirements gathering, documentation
- Perform business-to-systems analysis and problem-solving analysis of complex field issues. Able to work at a high technical level for most phases of systems analysis.
- Responsible for the project requirements definition phase of development for customers. Facilitate requirements gathering with the field sales organization and key corporate departments to drive new requirements and influence product strategy.
- Act as the subject matter expert during development of business process documentation and outline requirements.
- Operate as the lead to identify and document reporting requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and develop and maintain field business requirements for proposed projects, including but not limited to, process flows, online screen layouts, and reports. Translate customer’s needs into functional requirement specifications.
- Consider impact to current and future business environments and processes, assessing upstream & downstream effect of system changes or upgrades.
- Document current and proposed business process flows with business process owner.
- Conduct cross-functional meetings, as needed, to interview a designated group of field users (focus groups) to understand and address their needs, define problems as well as appropriate solution requirements, develop specifications, analyze and document business processes, validate test procedures, review training material for the user community and define future product direction.
- Collaborate in the planning, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Assist the product manager, design system functionality and make recommendations for improvements to parallel overall business strategies.
- Operate as the liaison between the business and the technology teams to document enhancement requests and to manage the bug fix requests process for the application.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the current and future technology architecture, including the inter-operability of technologies.
- Identify and work with IT to resolve system issues.
- Prepare and deliver informational/instructional presentations and technical documentation. Participate in review of technology options and partners on provides recommendations for procedures and changes including process analysis.
Project management activities
- May be asked to manage individual projects, including UAT plans, amongst shifting priorities. Work closely with users, analysts and project managers to deliver requirements.
- Partner with team to facilitate efforts to scope, schedule, test and deploy product enhancements and new functionality.
- Identify and work with Product Managers/IT to resolve existing and new system issues.
- Act as 2nd tier support to troubleshoot functional issues and coordinate issue resolution with the IT teams.
- Partner with the business users and guide them towards solution alternatives that best meet the short and long term needs of the business.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in systems.
- Maintain product SIR list.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis for customers.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS or related area preferred.
- Multi-lingual a plus (verbal & written).
- 3+ years’ experience supporting an enterprise business system required.
- Good understanding front to back of a company’s operational flow.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new hardware/software systems independently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of Robert Half business technology systems.
- Understanding of how new technology integrates with current systems and how it should be designed to meet end user needs, including UAT plans.
- Basic familiarity with query tools; SQL Skills a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills that will enable this position to work well with key stake holders; team organization skills.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
• The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
• The location (s) (city,state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
• Corporate Staffing
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
About Robert Half
Robert Half International Inc. provides specialized staffing and risk consulting services through divisions, such as Accountemps, Robert Half Finance & Accounting, OfficeTeam, Robert Half Technology, Robert Half Management Resources, Robert Half Legal, The Creative Group and Protiviti. The Company, through its Accountemps, Robert Half Finance & Accounting, and Robert Half Management Resources divisions, is a specialized provider of temporary, full-time and project professionals in the fields of accounting and finance. OfficeTeam specializes in temporary administrative support personnel. Robert Half Technology provides information technology professionals. Robert Half Legal provides temporary, project and full-time staffing of attorneys and specialized support personnel within law firms and corporate legal departments. The Creative Group provides project staffing in the advertising, marketing and Web design fields. Protiviti is a global business consulting and internal audit firm.