Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
The Area Lead Server provides excellent service to students, school, and Revolution Foods (RF) staff. He or she encourages and engages with students to try our menu items, and fruits and vegetables. The Area Lead Server prepares meals, sets up for service and serves with a sense of urgency. She or he is responsible for all documentation around compliance ensuring our schools are reimbursed by only serving reimbursable meals. The Area Lead Server also ensures that food safety procedures are always followed and is accountable for food and utensil receipt. The Area Lead Server is the primary Point of Service (POS) operator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily check in at the start of the business day with Operations Manager for school assignment.
- Support school site service team in the absence of a Lead Server.
- Carries out all lead server responsibilities when subbing for Lead Server.
- Covers Servers for continued development and cross training purposes.
- Clean service area for food safety and excellent service to students.
- Prepare to receive daily meal delivery from RF Driver.
- Set up breakfast for cafeteria service or for breakfast in the class room.
- Cafeteria Breakfast Service: Greet every student, ensure that each student has all components of breakfast and has been counted in the POS.
- Close Breakfast Service: clean service area, reconcile POS, and count and complete paperwork.
- Receive daily deliveries: Ensure all counts/meal components are correct and food quality and safety standards are met.
- Lunch Service: Greet every student, ensure that each student has necessary components of lunch and has been counted in the POS. Provide excellent customer service to all students and school staff.
- Close lunch service: clean service area, reconcile POS and counts, complete and file paperwork.
- Verify consumption vs. actual point of sale meal counts.
- Report consumption vs. POS at close of business.
- Reporting changes in service to school site team before the start of service.
- Daily check in with supervisor to go over numbers, verify appropriate inventory levels, how the day went, concerns and questions.
- Collect attendance from the school site office.
- Submit weekly reporting download of findings/experiences at our school sites.
- Attend bi-monthly team meeting and lead one section during the training.
- Order dry goods including but not limited to packaging, small wares, office and cleaning supplies (weekly or as needed).
- File food safety logs weekly or as needed.
- Scan weekly reporting to the Culinary Center for verification and filing. Weekly reporting packet will include the following: copies of the completed production records, copies of the POS problem log and copies of any field trip lunch requests.
Experience and Skills Required
- Must have access to a reliable car.
- 1-2 years in a fast paced service environment in a shift lead capacity, cashier in food service or equivalent.
- Basic math skills addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Basic computer skills: email, logging in and out of HRIS and POS systems.
- Organization: filing paperwork, receiving deliveries, proper storage of food.
- Follow directions such as timelines, procedures, and supervisor expectations.
- Customer Service & Professionalism.
- Food handler certification.
About Revolution Foods
We're on a mission to transform the way kids eat. We serve 1,000 lunchrooms and 1 million meals each week to students across the country. Revolution Foods is leading the conversation on childhood health and is improving the lives of hundreds of thousands of students every single day.