The Dispatch Supervisor position will support the pack-out and delivery of food which will report to the Dispatch Manager. This position ensures that hot food, cold food, snacks, breakfasts, beverages and condiments are fulfilled and staged accurately for all routes prior to leaving the site. The Dispatch Supervisor will be responsible for printing up the packing slips and checking the daily school specific t-tags against the packing slips while staging the product. The Dispatch Supervisor will check in the drivers insuring drivers are in uniform, on-time and are informed of any changes, special orders to ensure a smooth delivery for our customers. The Dispatch Supervisor will double trucks before they leave the facility. The Dispatch Supervisor will support the Dispatch Manager with training, supervision and support to all drivers, including when necessary, driving an emergency route. Additionally, the Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for maintenance of the vehicle fleet, facility and equipment used during pack-out and delivery. They will monitor food safety before, during and after delivery by updating the temperature logs on a weekly basis should any temperature issues arise, and the Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for informing the Dispatch Manager immediately.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the staging area is properly setup with items that were refrigerated the night before, and respond quickly and respectfully to staging area needs.
- Ensure proper milk rotation.
- Monitor cambro tags to ensure accurate order fulfillment; identify and troubleshoot causes of inaccurate orders.
- Double check trucks for order accuracy.
- Collect and monitor field temperature logs.
Driver Training and Supervision
- Assist in the training of new drivers.
- Supervise drivers and loading of the trucks, facilitate daily driver meetings and assist in regularly scheduled evaluations of drivers.
- Conduct periodic ride audits to ensure efficiency and accuracy in delivery.
- Serve as a secondary back-up driver when a driver is absent.
- Validate driver hours and gas receipts.
- Spot-check truck cleanliness and resolve related problems.
Equipment and Facilities
- Support preventive maintenance on all vehicles (including corporate vehicles) and keep DMV documents up to date.
- Develop and maintain list of equipment and fleet maintenance service providers; maintain fixit log and arrange maintenance as required.
- Manage inventory of utensils,smallware and other equipment being kept at schools.
- Serve as the liaison between the drivers, kitchen and sales team for issues related to pack-out and delivery of food.
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the kitchen and among the driving fleet.
- Effectively communicate and practice all company policies, including the “Green” waste, compost and recycling program.
- Comply with all state and federal Health and Safety codes.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, and follow through on requests in a timely manner.
- 1-2 years experience in a busy foodservice distribution environment.
- Previous experience in a high volume flight kitchen or school feeding operation a plus.
- 2-3 years of supervision of a truck fleet.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Advanced knowledge of safe and proper lifting techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail required.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Serve Safe certification a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
About Revolution Foods
We're on a mission to transform the way kids eat. We serve 1,000 lunchrooms and 1 million meals each week to students across the country. Revolution Foods is leading the conversation on childhood health and is improving the lives of hundreds of thousands of students every single day.