The Financial Analyst, CPG will act as the primary finanace and accounting partner to the Consumer Products team. She or he will report to the Controller and be responsible for ensuring accurate business unit financials, managing the execution of internal financial reporting processes, period-end close responsibilities, new product business models, and ad hoc analysis.
Prepare CPG monthly financial statements and schedules.
- Collaborate with Brand, Operations, and Customer Marketing on S&OP, aged inventory, and other cogs.
- Provide tracking and analysis on the SG&A spending.
- Interpret data for the purpose of determining the details of past sales, financial costing and operational performance.
- Ensure timely and accurate recognition of revenue, contra revenue (including Trade Spend) and application of customer payments.
- Reconcile Trade Spend account at period end and Work closely with Sales to ensure accurate tracking of all promotions.
- Assist with recording customer payments including researching off invoice discounts and deductions.
Provide financial analysis support to CPG Team.
- Manage forecast for existing brands/products, working closely with sales and operations to maintain most updated and accurate forecast.
- Assist in developing individual CPG customer profit & loss scenarios.
- Analyze sales, financial, costing and operational data and extracts and defines relevant information (“what” factor).
- Model the impacts of different options to help the commercial team understand the impact of their decisions and negotiations.
- Assist in the budgeting process for CPG.
- Maintain and continue to improve Anaplan (our budgeting/forecasting system).
The ideal candidate will:
- Proactively build strong, collaborative relationships with Sales, Brand, Operations, Finance, Accounting and all other groups.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of GAAP and GAAP rules for selling consumer product.
- Possess strong understanding of trade spend and promotional strategy.
- Be results oriented, able to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner, and the ability to juggle priorities.
- Have the ability to excel in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- BS/BA in Accounting Required.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills, NAV and Anaplan or cloud planning system preferred.
- Two to three years in a senior accountant or financial analyst role in a CPG company.