Come and join our exciting and rapidly growing CPG Team! The Transportation and Customer Service Specialist is a fast-paced, key impact support position on our CPG Team!
Duties & Responsibilities
TransportationDay to day management of logistics and transportation issues.Review shipping schedules each week to make sure delivery dates are committed to and ensure that no orders are missed.Warehouse production management – clear communication of orders that need to be produced for that week’s shipments to multiple warehouses.Reconciliation of Fed Ex shipments and charges – Handle disputes as well.Provide creative solutions to any transportation issues to ensure on-time deliveries.
Weekly Production and Transportation MeetingFacilitate meeting.Record notes and actions from the meeting.Send out agenda and recap pre and post meeting.
Order ManagementReceive orders and input into NAV.Review orders for correct delivery dates and order minimums.Transmit orders production facilities.Communication with customers any delays or issues with orders.Maintain customer order sheet.Update forecast.
SamplesProduce any samples needed at Corporate Office.Maintain food and packaging samples.Communicate sample requests for customers, brokers and sales people to warehouse for fulfillment.Follow up on all shipments to ensure all orders are delivered.
MiscellaneousMailing / communication projects with customers on all product lines.Back up to Customer Service Manager.In-house assistance to Sales Team as needed.Maintain customer files both on network drive and paper files.Research Accounting issues on all product lines.Participate in Forecast and Trade Spend meetings.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-5+ years of experience in Customer Service and Transportation required in consumer packaged goods industry.
- Associates or Bachelor degree a plus.
- Strong abilities in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point; EDI.
- Microsoft Navision experience preferable.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Highly organized, accurate, and detail oriented. Ability to work in a team based environment.
- Must be a person of high integrity, commitment, and possess a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work independently and with some supervision.