Pursue your Potential (PYP)- Persons with Disabilities
Pursue Your Potential Program ( PyP) is a program designed to help persons with disability to explore their career opportunities with RBC.
At RBC, diversity is one of our core values. We strive to leverage the strengths, talents, similarities and differences of our workforce by eliminating barriers and developing our employees to their full potential. Programs like PyP help us to ensure inclusion and fairness throughout our hiring process.
Am I eligible for the program?
You must be a person with disability to be eligible for the program. As per the Canadian Government Employment Equity definition, persons with disabilities are individuals who have long-term or recurring, persistent conditions, either visible and/or invisible, such as pain, agility, speech, learning, hearing mobility, seeing, etc (please note: this list is not exhaustive) and who
- consider themselves to be disadvantaged in employment by reason of that impairment, or
- believe that a employer or potential employer is likely to consider them to be disadvantaged in employment by reason of that impairment (This INCLUDES persons whose limitations owing to their impairment have been accommodated in their current job or workplace)
What to Expect:
When you have registered with the program,
- We will ensure your accommodation needs are met during your job application process;
- When you participate in the PYP program, you will be submitting your consent to disclose you are a person with a disability. The information will be shared with recruiters and hiring managers to highlight your candidacy. Please note, you do not need to provide your further disability details unless accommodation is needed during your job application process.
- If you are considered to be a competitive candidate, you will be contacted by RBC recruitment team for further assessment.
NOTE: Participation in the PyP Program is voluntary and is complimentary to your job application when you apply to a role(s) at RBC. We encourage you to continue monitoring our career site and apply for posted positions that match your qualifications and interests. We also invite you to join our Talent Community to receive job related updates from us.
- The program does not support individual resume editing or interview coaching. However, we can refer you to qualified agencies specializing in the area for one-on-one support.
- The program does not guarantee all our candidates get hired by RBC. However, we will ensure you are fairly treated and assessed and your accommodation needs are met during the hiring process.