- Settle/Clear Trades - Physical Receive & Deliver (via NSCC Envelope Settlement System and Over-The-Window)
- Balance NSCC -end of day' settlement
- Maintain R&D Overnight Box
- Process free receives from RBC NY Branch
- Provide support of internal clients and liaise, when necessary, with counterparties and other operational departments in performance of above.
- Work is performed with clearly defined parameters and includes specialized training.
- Exceptions to processing are reviewed with Supervisor or Manager to ensure overall compliance with accepted business practices and policies.
- Perform any of the daily functions so that all departmental responsibilities are completed within given time parameters and established deadlines.
- Interface and support various business lines to help manage Fails and exposure to the firm.
- Interact directly with other internal operational departments
- Interact directly with operational staff of correspondent firms and trade counterparties
- Respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Process routine transactions.
- Verify and input information/data into computer files, databases, or systems.
- Route escalated questions to the appropriate resources following established departmental policies.
- Understand department procedures and abide by Rules, Regulations and Processes of the firm.
- Understand system dependencies and processes.
- Mitigate risk and cost to the firm by suggesting process changes and modifications to internal procedures and daily workflow.
- Requires the ability to follow general instructions in the completion of multiple procedures. May require familiarity with procedures in other areas.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS/SPECIFICATIONS (competencies, technical skills, education and experience)
- Education - B.A. or B.S
- Minimum 3 - 5 years R&D (Receive & Deliver) experience and overall understanding of Back Office Operations.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with
- Receive & Deliver functionality
- Broadridge BPS and CAGE III systems/functionality
- DTCC PTS/PBS functions
- Ability to research and resolve Stock Record breaks and Money differences.
- Strong time management skills - Ability to meet strict deadlines; handle multiple priorities in a fast paced, pressured environment.
- Detail oriented team player.
- Strong communication skills - able to work effectively with variety of personalities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (on Windows-based computer).
- Willingness to learn and perform functions outside the normal Physical Settlements space (cross train with Corporate Actions/Sophis Operations team).
- Understanding and experience with Physical Settlements (R&D)
- NSCC Envelope Settlement System
- Over the Window Receive & Deliver
- Manual ACAT reversals
- Understanding of -Good Delivery'/ Negotiability.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We employ approximately 78,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 39 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. It's easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
City: Jersey City
Address: 30 Hudson Street
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 06/30/2016
Req ID: 107000
Posting Notes: None