Lead critical regulatory and business change initiatives for the firm. Program manage projects that may involve any/all of the following regulatory reporting drivers: new business, new products, new rules and live rule changes, operational risk management, quality improvement, cost reduction, process re-engineering and /or technology introduction or enhancement.
An ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate: Extensive US securities regulatory reporting expertise (order, transaction & position reporting) , prior delivery of complex regulatory programs and managerial excellence.
- Lead and participate in regulatory projects of various sizes and scopes. Examples include regulatory inquiries and audits, small and large scale rule change initiatives (e.g., Tick Size Pilot, CAT, G-14 Rule change), root cause analysis of control framework exceptions, trade flow reporting documentation, reporting enhancements (e.g., OATS & Blue Sheets reporting process reengineering), etc.
- Manage an team of strong business analysts and consultants
- Participate and/or Lead various regulatory change management working groups and Committees.
- Research, formulate, propose and implement strategic regulatory solutions.
- Provide Capital Markets Operations subject matter expertise.
- Partner with key stakeholders and deliver value added solutions.
- Perform analysis of data, processes and systems.
- Provide Operations teams with End User Computing (EUC) tools to enhance efficiency and improve controls.
- Research, identify and document requirements.
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma, Agile, Scrum and other change management methodologies.
- Work efficiently with a view to high-quality work product and quick-to-market solutions.
- Liaise with Operations management and staff to understand their roles and challenges.
- Liaise with IT management and staff to interpret / clarify requirements.
- Support system testing and creation of user documentation.
- Build strong, long-term relationships throughout the RBC organization.
- Constantly seek to improve own capacity, skills and expertise.
- Mandatory: Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Mandatory: -8 years years of experience in a business analyst and/or project management role
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements of a U.S. Broker / Dealer (OATS, Blue Sheets, TRACE, MSRB, , Reg Sho, LOPR, Large Trader, ACT, INSITE, etc.)
- Experience with Six Sigma and LEAN methodologies
- Experience in the Operations Risk & Control domain (i.e. KPI, KRI, Risk Quotient, etc.)
- Mandatory: Excellent data manipulation and end user computing tool development skills (i.e. including competence in some subset of: SQL queries, MS Office macros & scripting, MS Visual Studio, similar desktop tools)
- Results / execution-focused orientation
- Very Strong analytical, logical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable managing a portfolio of projects with competing priorities
- Ability to lead and influence
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated success in the execution of Operations and/or regulatory projects
- Ability to acquire and apply new / enhanced subject matter expertise
- - Preferred: Prior knowledge and experience with Broadridge (i.e. formerly ADP) family of products (eg. BPS, Impact, GPS, AOM, Gloss & PostEdge)
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We employ approximately 78,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 39 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
City: Jersey City
Address: 30 Hudson St
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 06/24/2016
Req ID: 105098
Posting Notes: SF:EFC; SF:JB; SF:LinkedIn Campus