Raytheon Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer Description:
- Involved in all phases of product life cycle, beginning with proposal development and advanced manufacturing initiatives, continuing through production implementation and extending to support of our customer and supply chain
- Work on a wide range of weapon systems, from tactical missiles to strategic defense products
- Design, control, and improve the manufacturing process and system design through a collaborative effort with the value stream team
- Reduce cycle time and customer lead time
- Reduce inventory
- Improve productivity
- Reduce material cost
- Improve performance of the value chain
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manufacturing process control and performance monitoring
- Planning and incorporation of design changes
- Creating and overseeing projects using risk management techniques
- Translating engineering design requirements into formal manufacturing process documentation Disposition of discrepant hardware
- Leading corrective action investigations to prevent recurrence
- Developing tooling concepts
- Interfacing with customers and suppliers
- Providing technical leadership to multi-disciplined teams
- Ensuring quality, cost, and schedule objectives are achieved
Product technologies utilized at Raytheon include:
- Circuit cards
- Metallic and composite structures
Production technologies employed at Raytheon include:
- Equipment driven processes
- Material handling practices
- Statistical process control
- Lean principles
Your experience as a Raytheon Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer will position you well for organizational advancement along both technical and managerial career paths.
Demonstrated experience with three of the following through internships or class projects, or related activities:
- Technical problem solving
- Engineering interpretation of technical documentation
- Team leadership
- Project and risk management
Coursework in either Lean Manufacturing or Statistical Process Control.
U.S. Citizenship is required
- Advanced manufacturing technologies
- Practical knowledge gained through previous related employment
This position requires a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree from an ABET accredited engineering curriculum in a field such as Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or related field with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
The Job Title for a Bachelor of Science degree is a Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer I. The Job Title for a Master of Science degree is a Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer II.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Check us out on YouTube:
.Small Diameter Bomb II employed from a Joint Strike Fighter
Raytheon Top Ten for Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities
Global Presence Raytheon's Global Partnerships
Additional information about RMS and Tucson, AZ