The Financial Professional Associate (FPA)
position is a sales/service position with Prudential Financial selling financial services and insurance products. FPAs participate in a comprehensive development program, developing product knowledge, and selling experience while offering appropriate investment and insurance products to help clients meet their financial goals.
After the training and development program, many will continue to be financial services generalists, assisting clients with a range of investment needs and insurance products; others will go on to develop a specialty, such as fee-based financial planning, insurance for business needs, or estate planning needs.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Provide investment and insurance products
- Develop new customers through approved techniques and methods
- Conserve existing insurance and investments products
- Service the investment and benefits needs of all owners of policies issued or offered by Prudential Financial companies.
It is important that Financial Professional Associates be capable of mastering the complexities of the job, continually learning new products, information, and approaches. As our representative, the FPA must have a full understanding of all our products and be able to recommend to customers the appropriate solutions that are in the best interest of the customer. The end result of the FPA’s work is to develop long-term relationships between us and the policyholder that will impact the personal welfare of many people.The FPA’s general duties include the responsibility to:
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Prospect for clients, develop investment and benefits programs and make sales presentations regularly for a broad range of financial products and services, life and non-life insurance contracts sold by Prudential Financial companies.
- Propose investment products and insurance most suitable to the applicant’s needs and ability to pay.
- Make the necessary adjustments in the policyholder’s portfolio in light of changes in the policyholder’s needs. Although many transactions are handled by the Customer Service Office, an FPA should understand how to provide services, such as processing loans, surrenders, changes in beneficiary, claims, policy options, and the like, as well as being able to explain to customers the effect of these transactions.
- Maintain in force the existing insurance and investments products of clients, secure the reinstatement of insurance that has lapsed, and perform all the duties incident to the care and conservation of the business assigned by Prudential. This may apply to all policies, whether or not the insurance was originally sold by the FPA.
- Maintain records of account, and render when required, on forms provided by Prudential, a report of all business transacted and complete accounting of all monies received on behalf of Prudential Financial companies.
- Conform to and abide by the procedures, rules and requirements of Prudential Financial companies and the state or states where the FSA operates.
Prudential Financial is looking for men and women who are ready for a rewarding career opportunity marketing financial services and insurance products… a career committed to making an impact in the lives of the people we touch. We’re seeking individuals with these attributes.
- Customer service focused
- Revenue focused
- Self confident and autonomous
- Drive and initiative
- Responsible and committed
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good business communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, and develop ideas
- Ability to use basic math skills to problem solve
- Good critical thinking
- High school diploma or GED qualification required