Claims Adjuster Trainee - Lafayette, LA
Job Number: 133760
Join our collaborative team of dedicated individuals-and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're an organization that celebrates and rewards hard work each and every day, with a goal of being a company people can trust.
Our Claims Adjusters help our customers get back on the road after an accident. This can be a stressful time for our customers, so we're looking for people with a passion for helping others.
As a Claims Adjuster, you'll put your customer service, problem solving, and organizational skills to good use. You'll gather details, investigate accidents, and manage the claims process.
We'll teach you the insurance stuff-you'll start out with two weeks of training where you'll learn about insurance contracts and property damage. We just ask that you be willing to work hard in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. In exchange, we'll give you some pretty nice perks.
- Inclusive work environment with a team of dedicated professionals
- The standard benefits (medical, dental, vision and 401k)
- Lots of time off
- Savings on health club memberships and other incentives
Salary: $42,000 and an annual bonus of up to 16% of your salary! Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance.
Location: Lafayette, LA
Work Schedule: Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Additional duties of a Claims Adjuster:
- Determine liability (who's at fault for the damages)
- Interview customers, claimants, and witnesses
- Partner with appraisers/estimators to manage vehicle repairs
- Negotiate with customers and other insurance carriers
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or one year of college education or relevant work
- Work or educational experience must include:
o Customer service
o Fast paced and changing environment
o Effectively communicating verbally and in writing
o Computer skills
Apply now to join a progressive company!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Lafayette
Employee Status: Regular