Claims Adjuster Trainee - Albany, NY Free Parking
Job Number: 130675
Join our collaborative team of dedicated individuals-and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're an organization that celebrates and rewards hard work each and every day, with a goal of being a company people can trust.
Claims Adjuster Trainee
Join our team and put your curiosity, intellect and investigative abilities to good use as a Claims Adjuster. As part of our Progressive Claims Team, you'll be part detective, part counselor and part hero. We are looking for naturally curious people who are always interested in getting the whole story.
You'll develop relationships with customers, investigate insurance policy coverage, determine fault in auto accidents, and document activity on each claim to resolve them as quickly and accurately as possible. As you advance in this role and as the business need arises, you may have an opportunity to compete for jobs learning how to estimate property damage or to adjust injury claims. We're looking for someone who can work effectively with customers who've been in an accident while keeping an eye on the details.
Our Albany Office is the largest Progressive hub in New York State with a Progressive Concierge Service Center close by. This provides local employees a diverse selection of claims positions to work towards in advancing their career! Located just 15 minutes away from Crossgates Mall, our office also boasts the following:
Free Fitness Center
Ample opportunities for continued growth and advancement
Paid Training! Our award winning, in-depth training empowers you to confidently deliver positive outcomes for our customers. In our two week Claims Ownership Class you'll learn about field claims and property damage fundamentals like how to handle total loss situations.
Location: Albany, NY
Work Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Salary: $42,000.00 - $45,000.00
Education, Skills and Experience Needed to be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of relevant work experience and/or postsecondary education
- Relevant experience includes:
o Claims adjuster
o Position that developed or required the ability to think critically, solve problems, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and embrace new challenges
o Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Solid negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- Basic computer skills and proficiency
- Effective team player
- Valid driver's license; this position requires individuals to occasionally drive for company purposes
- Gainshare bonus of up to 16% of salary (Our annual Gainshare bonus program rewards employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
- Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
- Award winning, inclusive environment with Employee Resource Groups
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision and life) and a 401(k) plan
- Employee discounts
- Child care subsidy
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
- You'll be asked for information around your employment history and Educational Background
- After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
- A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
- Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
- Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: United States-New York-Albany
Employee Status: Regular