Requisition ID: 11206
Location: Presence Res Behavioral Health
1820 South 25th Avenue, Broadview, IL 60155 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 24
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Home-Based Educator provides screening, assessment, medical, dental, mental health, child development, and educational services to families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides weekly home visits to a caseload of 10 -12 families.
- Plans and facilitates two family socializations sessions each month.
- Assists in center-based classrooms.
- Helps supervise on-site childcare while parents participate in other site-based services.
- Develops Family Partnership Plans with families and help parents access services that meet family's needs.
- Participates in recruiting and enrolling eligible families.
- Completes all documentation on time.
- Facilitates bonding and developing of parent/child relationships by providing developmentally appropriate parent/child activities.
- Receives and maintains Children's Services Certification annually.
- Participates in professional education opportunities as provided by the agency, other funding sources and all monitoring systems.
- Plans and conducts parent trainings.
- Maintains program materials and equipment.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field with 6 hours of Early Childhood Education coursework. Minimum two years of Early Childhood classroom experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Child Development Associate (CDA) certification required. Current driver's license required.
CPR and First Aid certification can be obtained after hire.
Business Unit: Resurrection Behavioral Health
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability