Requisition ID: 356
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
, Chicago, IL United States (US)
Daily Hours: No Selection
Standard Hours: 8-4:30p
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
EXPERIENCED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ADVANCED NURSE PRACTIONER - FULL TIME
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
An Advanced Practice Nurse practices within the scope of the Advanced Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. The APN/NP incorporates the curative factors of human care and performs established procedures in accordance with the organization's and the nursing division policies, procedures, and standards of care.
The Behavioral Health APN/NP is a specialty health care provider who provides medical and nursing services to individuals and families. The Behavioral Health APN/NP is adept at diagnosing and managing acute and chronic illnesses, and emphasizes health promotion and disease prevention. Services include, but are not limited to, ordering, conducting and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, prescribing medications, and teaching and counseling individuals and families. Comprehensive health assessments with a broad scope of medical management for patients with acute and/or chronic health problems characterize the APN/NP's practice.
Adheres to the mission, values and philosophy of Presence Health Care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assessment of Needs/Identification of Measurable Outcomes
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in the diagnosis and management of a wide range of health problems.
- Performs and documents H&P's on new patients placed in Observation status, completing of medication reconciliations, and collaborates with the primary care physician, consultants and Case Managers to clarify patient and family goals, identify achievable therapeutic goals, and facilitate care in coordination with the interdisciplinary team
- Develop and communicate medical treatment plans based on scientific evidence-based practice and evaluates outcomes.
- Communicates and collaborates with physicians and other members of the health care team to resolve patient care problems and enhance care delivery.
- Future duties to be extended to accommodate Inpatients as deemed necessary to assist PCP's in the care and throughput of their patients.
- Behavioral Health certification required
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program required.
Behavioral Health experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Illinois Registered Nurse License. Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification Required. Additional certification in area of specialty may also be required.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled