Requisition ID: 5644
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 24
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Staff Nurse II is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) who practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. The RN incorporates the Carative Factors of human care and performs established procedures in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of care of Presence health and the nursing division. The RN coordinates family involvement in the assessment, treatment and continuing care of the patient, and delegates tasks to competent and appropriate caregivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Systematically assesses and identifies patient and families' general condition and needs from admission, throughout course of treatment through step by step implementation of a unified multidisciplinary approach.
Utilizes patient assessment findings and clinical judgments to safely implement and evaluate the therapeutic treatments and therapies as determined by the multidisciplinary team.
Utilizes the scope of nursing practice and standards of care, the RN Level II will plan, implement and evaluate patient's functional status.
Demonstrates the required knowledge and competency in performing nursing procedures, assessments, treatments and techniques utilized with an assigned clinical area.
Assess patient and family educational needs and ability to participate and learn to achieve patient plan of care through collaboration with other team members.
Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team members to reinforce the plan of care and to achieve the education goals.
Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions. Modifies the plan of care focusing on age and development status and patient outcomes.
Reviews the plan of care and consults with the physician and other health care providers to adjust the plan to assure optimum patient outcomes within the scheduled timeframe.
Serves as a mentor/preceptor for colleagues and other staff within or outside of areas of responsibility.
Documents care per documentation standards.
Provides patient/family education.
Accountability for the outcomes of the delegated task assigned.
All Level II nurses must meet and maintain annually all of the Level II Performance Standards and expectations as outlined in the Level II section of the RN Levels of Practice Program.
- This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program. Bachelor of Science in Nursing with one year of experience or Associate's degree in Nursing with three years of experience required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, MS Outlook, and EMR applications.
- Experience in EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current Illinois RN license and BLS certification. Certification in area of specialty if required.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Department Name: 3 NW RMC