Requisition ID: 3792
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 20
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
Job Code: 122008
Job Title: Cook
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Ministry: Presence Health
Created Date: 10/6/15
Department: Food and Nutrition Services
Hours: 20 hours/week:
1st week: Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday.
2nd week: Wednesday and Thursday.
Reports To: Manager, Food Service; Productions Manager; Executive Chef; Supervisor, Food Service
The Cook must be able to perform a variety of functions and tasks pertinent to the production, service, and distribution of foods to patients, employees, and catered services at the specified times. Maintains high quality standards in all aspects of production and service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares from standardized recipes large-scale food production for patients, cafeteria, guests and catering clients according to established forecasts within specified timeframes. Ensures that food service is provided correctly to patients and employees making use of patient menus, recipes, dietary restrictions, garnishing instructions and portion charts.
- Prepares, serves and stores food in a safe and sanitary manner ensuring all safety and sanitation procedures are followed in accordance with Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles.
- Utilizes all products in a cost effective manner preparing only to the forecasted level. Monitors food production and makes adjustments throughout the shift to ensure minimal product waste.
- Demonstrates an ability to work effectively with peers, supervisors and managers as a member of the team and establishes collaborative and supportive relationships. Cross trains in various cook positions and assists in the proper training and orientation of new staff.
- Follows established policies and procedures for all aspects of the job being performed. Follows the assigned cleaning procedures and cleaning schedules.
- Completes additional site specific duties as required. (e.g. washes dishes, assists with baking, serves meals, trains dietary aides, and orders supplies).
- Adheres to downtime procedures and to established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Performs both essential and non-essential job functions in a safe manner.
- Enhances professional growth and development by accessing educational programs, job related literature, in-service meetings, and workshops/seminars
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required. Culinary training required.
One to three years of experience preferred.
General office computer skills required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Illinois Department of Public Health Food Services Sanitation Certification required, City of Chicago certification required for all facilities located in Chicago. Sanitation certifications must be secured prior to first day of service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires the ability to lift/carry objects routinely as follows:
Heavy Lifting: Objects weighing 35-50 pounds lifted on a regular basis. Mechanical lifting devices (carts, dollies, pallet jacks, forklift trucks, etc.) or team lifts should be utilized.
Other Physical Demands (check all that apply)
Work requires the ability to stand up to two or more hours at a time.
Work requires the ability to stoop, bend, reach and grab with arms and hands, manual dexterity.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Department Name: Food Services RMC