Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 24, 2013
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon's largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping shape Oregon's energy future. Among the millions of ordinary jobs in the world are a few special places -team-driven environments with the resources and support you need to succeed. That's PGE - the unique combination of a friendly, supportive atmosphere with a progressive vision for business success. It's fun. It's challenging. It's enriching. And it's a big reason why the average PGE employee has spent almost 14 years with us. If you're looking for a new opportunity in an essential, dynamic industry, consider becoming a part of our PGE team.
Electrical Engineer III (R13-207)
Provide sound and cost-effective design improvements and engineering solutions to complex electrical problems at thermal, wind and hydro plants. The work consists of broad and complex assignments to maintain or improve the operation, reliability, safety, and regulatory compliance of the Company's generating plants in the assigned functional area.
Top candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional engineering license in Electrical Engineering or documented ability to obtain license within two years.
Proficiency in initiating electrical improvements and corrective actions for power plants, dams, and related facilities.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental engineering/economic principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated engineering ability and skills in the thermal, wind and/or hydro generation areas. Substation experience desirable. Protection experience desirable.
- Proficient human relations skills.
- Broad perspective of the utility business and thorough knowledge of concepts, regulations, and codes used in electrical engineering of power plant equipment and facilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to review, evaluate, and analyze technical information, policies, and reports.
- Proficient project management and leadership skills.
- Willingness to travel and temporarily work at various power plants and dam sites during betterment, construction, or inspection activities or when giving technical assistance to operational personnel.
- Must have a valid driver's license with evidence of safe driving.
PGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to complete our employment application. Apply online at https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R13-207
by the application deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
In this position you will work with some of the most talented, creative and innovative employees while using the latest software and technologies. You'll report to a Manager who values talents and skills, and will support you in your new career at PGE.
We offer a full range of traditional benefits - medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings, and more - plus exciting opportunities unique to employment with us. From our robust on-the-job training to our on-site fitness facilities, PGE has a multitude of programs to help you gain valuable skills and experience, to provide rewards for meeting company goals, and to encourage health, safety, fellowship, and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
About Portland General Electric
Portland General Electric Company (PGE) is publicly-owned vertically integrated electric utility engaged in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and retail sale of electricity in the state of Oregon. PGE also participates in the wholesale market by purchasing and selling electricity and natural gas to utilities and energy marketers. The Company added 6,409 retail customers during 2008, and as of December 31, 2008, served 810,197 retail customers.