Department: Cardiac Surgery Unit (2220)
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth has a wonderful opportunity for a per diem, day shift CNA 2 with the Cardiac Surgery Unit at our RiverBend campus in Springfield, Oregon!
Situated in the heart of Lane County, this is an adventure-driven destination. Find yourself hiking to spectacular waterfalls or along endless public beaches, rafting and kayaking in white water, cycling through wine country or along the many miles of bicycle paths. Springfield, Oregon is one of the most desirable cities in the Pacific Northwest in which to live, work, and play.
Requires an Oregon Certified Nursing Assistant 2 certification, American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS, and one year experience in acute care preferred.
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
- Documents relevant patient care data
- May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program required.
- Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- CNA level II certification in Oregon State required at time of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth. PeaceHealth is a dedicated EEO/AA Employer.
Location: Springfield, OR
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $13.31
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified Nurse Assistant 2 - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || CNA/LPN/MA || Per Diem/Relief || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS