PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department: Intensive Care (2000)
Please attach a current resume with your application.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
• BSN preferred.
• Specialty certification preferred.
• One year or more of recent countiuous critical care experience, completion of a critical care intern/residency program, or three years in an acute care setting with 400 hours in a critical care unit within the previous year.
• WA State RN Licensure
• Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
• National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification within 6 months of hire.
• Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) within 12 months of hire.
• BSN with critical care nursing experience. Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS) certification. Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification.
Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Category: Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $33.47
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification; Registered Nurse - Washington; Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn.
Posting Notes: Vancouver, WA || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || CRITICAL CARE SVCS