My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking a construction management, civil engineering, mechanical engineering or environmental engineering student for our Water Infrastructure Group located in Phoenix, AZ.
As an Intern student you will be given similar responsibilities to a full time, entry level Field Engineer and experience what a career will be like in construction Project Management, Field Supervision, or Estimating. You will be assigned to work in the office or at a construction jobsite with a project team that suits your knowledge and experience. Besides being involved in several aspects of the project, you will have the opportunity to participate in company training opportunities, events, and community volunteer opportunities. You may:
* Assist Field Engineers, Project Managers, and Superintendents
* Conduct safety audits and quality audits
* Read and understand drawings and specifications
* Log submittals and process RFI's
* Assist with surveying and project layout
* Maintain and update field drawings, field equipment and records
* Assist with coordinating subcontractors, vendors, and field staff
* Attend relevant project meetings
* Prepare memos, letters, meeting minutes, contracts, and other forms and documents
* Assist with project documentation requirements
* Assist with estimating and soliciting subcontractors and/or suppliers for information and pricing
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Desire a career in construction Project Management, Field Supervision, or Estimating.
* Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a degree relevant to the construction industry (e.g. construction management, construction engineering, construction technology, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, etc.)
* Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States **PCL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g. H1-B etc.) for this position**
* Must be 18 years of age or older & possess a valid Driver's License
* Must be willing and able to work in MN or other states where our construction projects are located (a monthly housing allowance will be provided to selected candidates who are working in an area different from their residence).
* Employment with PCL is contingent upon passing a substance abuse test
* Based on client requirements, candidates may be required to complete a criminal background check
* Must be able to navigate through a construction site on a daily basis, climb ladders and stairs
* Must be able to work around and near welding, cutting, grinding, heavy equipment and cranes
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
PCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP employer; Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
About PCL Construction
Nordic PCL provides full design-build, general contracting and construction management services. Clients benefit from our early project involvement with pre-construction services such as conceptual and detailed estimating, budget development and cost control, project scheduling, building information modeling, and global procurement. We also provide project management, administration, accounting, human resources and marketing/business development support. We have a vast portfolio of commercial, institutional, and residential projects. These include office towers, retail complexes, medical office buildings and clinics, educational facilities, hotels, judicial buildings, timeshare developments, and large and small renovations.